Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2014 10:00

Webcam Central Software

I purchased my Dell Inspiron All-in-one One 2020 from an individual who had wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7 professional, so I don't have a copy of the Webcam Central software and Dell won't give me a copy because it says my service tag is not support or not found in the database.  So, something is screwy, but I still need the drivers and software I am missing.  Can anyone send a link to the appropriate software download?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 4th, 2014 23:00

JumboJimbo,

That file usually works with almost all operating systems. If you have the resolution settings too high, then the features don't work.

The other option is to go to My Dell Downloads , using Internet Explorer, use the same email address and password you used here, then register the product. There should be a version of Dell Webcam Central listed there. If you have problems registering the system, you may have to contact Dell Tech support or make a new post in the Dell Laptop Video Forum and a Dell Employee will help with registering the system. Please create a new thread as some of the Dell Employees may not be with the forums anymore.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 26th, 2014 11:00

JumboJimbo,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

8 Posts

October 28th, 2014 09:00

Rick,

Thanks for your reply.  All good advice, but not my problem. Since for some reason, Dell says my service tag was never entered into their database, they won't help me at all.  I can download from them, because the first step is to enter your service tag and mine is not recognized.  That's why I hoped some one might have the correct software or a link to it.  MY web camera works fine with Skype, has a workable driver, but I'd like to have the Dell software for it installed and I can't get that from Dell.  Any other ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 29th, 2014 03:00

JumboJimbo,

Try this file also known as Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05

Rick

8 Posts

November 4th, 2014 16:00

Thanks, Rick, but apparently this is not the correct file for my All-in-One Inspiron One 2020.  I'd love to be able to get the Dell Web cam software for my system.  The camera does work with Skype so I assume the driver is fine, just no controlling software.

No Events found!