Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2014 05:00

Touchpad on my computer not working

I've had this Dell Inspiron 15 Windows 8 for a year and a half now, and when Windows 8.1 updated, all my gestures on the touchpad stopped working. For example

I can't tap the touchpad to click,

I can't use 2 fingers to scroll anymore

I can't use 3 fingers to switch between tabs 

I can't bring the charms by swiping from the right

I can't do the swipe from the left thing I think that switched apps.

What do i do about this? I'm not a computer junkie, so don't get technical if possible, please.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 20th, 2014 00:00

Hi Zeron176,

Please reply us with exact system model so that I can check if the system has compatible drivers for Windows 8.1 operating system.

3 Posts

December 20th, 2014 10:00

It is a 3521 late 2012 model.. I think that's what you want

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 28th, 2014 09:00

Hi Zeron176,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please update the touchpad drivers from the link below for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/1BeeOft

Please let me know if this helps.

3 Posts

December 28th, 2014 15:00

Thanks so much, the touchpad has started doing most of those gestures again. Now, the only issue I have is that I had my two buttons switched to where my left click is the right button, and vice versa.. Now it reverted back and no matter what I do with the settings, it will not switch.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 8th, 2015 21:00

Hi Zeron176,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and update BIOS for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the touchpad.

1.Click on Start button.

2.In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

3.Select the Mice and other pointing devices listed and right click on touchpad.

4.Now select properties.

5.In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

6.Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

7.You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ then download the BIOS from BIOS section and the touchpad driver from ‘Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices’ section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!