Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

K

8 Posts

December 10th, 2004 17:00

Strange Color Problem with Streaming Video - Windows Media and Real Player

I am attempting to watch various streaming videos in either Real format or Windows Media format and while the video plays, it does so in basically primary colors only. Sound works fine, and the motion works fine, just the video is in funny colors. I have contact Dell support and they haven't a clue. I can't imagine it can be anything but some kind of strange driver conflict but they are confident that it isn't a driver issue. Their recconmendation is to do a System Restore. Considering i got it just last night, that seems a bit over handed.

Anyone have any idea what might be the issue?

I have a New Dell i8600c with the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128 Meg graphics card. Nothing strange installed on my system, typical office, adobe acrobat, photoshop elements and the like. I didn't try a streaming video last night before installing software; but DVDs played fine and still play fine.

Help!!!

106 Posts

December 10th, 2004 17:00

I saw an issue like this on general hardware forum (i think). Reinstalling the driver did not help, but upgrading media player did help.

Good Luck!

8 Posts

December 11th, 2004 18:00

That is exactly what I did and it worked just fine.... Upgrading to Media 10 did the trick. Very strange, but it worked.
No Events found!