Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2012 11:00

Send file via bluetooth.

Hi,

I have a XPS L502X laptop. I can add and remove devices. But there is no "send to bluetooth" option in my right-click menu. My freind have same laptop but he has this option in his right-click menu of a file. If you click it "Send file via bluetooth device wizard"comes up. But I don't have this option.

Please help me.

Hi kash_champ,

Please follow these steps to get the option back in right context menu: 

1. Open the run command by pressing windows + R keys and then type 'shell:sendto' without the quotes. The 'SendTo' folder will appear. Keep this folder opened.
  2. Type Bluetooth file transfer in windows search, the application will appear.
  3. Drag this application into the send to folder and rename it to Bluetooth

Alternately, type 'btsendto_explorer.exe' in the Search box. When the application appears, create a shortcut for it on the desktop. Drag and drop this file to 'SendTo' folder.

or 

Navigate to the 'SendTo' folder as shown above, right-click and select 'New shortcut'. A dialog appears; in the location, type: C:\Windows\System32\fsquirt.exe
and rename it as Bluetooth device.

Hope this helps.
Please reply if you have any further questions. 

12 Posts

Yes that works. But its not quit the same. In my friends the send to option is in main right-click menu for a file and not in send-to sub-menu. It appears  after right clicking on a FILE. And it opens "send file via Bluetooth Device wizard" not Bluetooth File Transfer.

Is there a way to attach pics in a post here. I could show you the menu.

Thanks.

October 1st, 2012 12:00

Thank you for the quick response.
Yes, you can certainly post an image here: copy the image and paste it here after selecting 'Use rich formatting' as shown in the image.

Alternately, you can click this iconInsert image after selecting 'Use rich formatting' and add the image from the computer.

Please post the image here and I will help you further. 

12 Posts

October 1st, 2012 12:00

Here is the picture that shows the right-click menu with "send to Bluetooth" option.

October 1st, 2012 15:00

Thank you for the response.

You can add this option to Context menu by altering the registry. Follow these instructions:

Note: Please backup the registry prior to following these steps. To do so, go to Start>> type 'regedit' without the quotes in the search box and press Enter. Click 'File' on the top right corner and click 'Export'. Save the registry file to the desktop.

• Go to Start>> type 'regedit' without the quotes in the search box and press Enter.
  • Navigate to Computer >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT >> * >>shell
  • Right-click it and select 'New' and then 'Key'
  • Rename the key as 'Send to Bluetooth' without quotes.
  • Right-click the Send to Bluetooth key, click 'New' 'Key'.
  • Rename it as 'command' without quotes.
  • Select 'command', double-click 'Default' to the right and type value data as "C:\Windows\System32\fsquirt.exe" '%1" (copy and paste it from here).

• If  you want an icon added to the context menu, select 'Send to Bluetooth' key and right-click in the empty area to the right.
  • Click 'New' 'Expandable String Value'; rename the key as 'Icon'.

• Download this file http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/7411.bluetooth.zip and save it to Desktop
  • Double-click 'Icon' value and type value data as C:\Users\your username\Desktop\bluetooth.ico (example: C:\Users\kash\Desktop\bluetooth.ico).

• Close the registry editor.
  • Right-click any picture and Send to Bluetooth option will appear in the context menu.

Hope this helps.

12 Posts

October 2nd, 2012 04:00

I have done that. And it works. But it still opens "Bluetooth File transfer" Not "Send File to Bluetooth device wizard".

This is how it looks when open by clicking "Send to Bluetooth".

October 3rd, 2012 11:00

This is a driver specific utility. You can try to update the Wireless/Bluetooth drivers from this link: http://dell.to/RAMwGV and install the application from this link: http://dell.to/T1RZZJ
Follow these instructions to download and install the drivers:

• Click on 'Download File' and click 'Continue'.
  • Click 'Yes' on User Account control if prompted.
  • Click 'Continue' on the Application prompt and click 'OK' on Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to (make a note of the folder location).
  • Click 'Yes' on the next prompt for folder does not exist. 
  • Click 'OK' on All files were successfully unzipped.
  • If the installation wizard does not appear, go to the folder location, select the Setup file; right-click and select 'Run as Administrator'.
  • Follow the installation wizard instructions. 
  • Reboot PC.

Hope this helps.

12 Posts

October 5th, 2012 11:00

When I Tried to install Intel Centrino Advanced N-6200 driver it says i have a updated version of the driver. So couldn't install it.

But I did install the Utility. It worked for 1 Day. But when i restarted the system It vanished. Any solution. I really liked the way it worked.

12 Posts

October 5th, 2012 11:00

I forgot to mention the utility says Intel 6230 (Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230). But I have confirmed that I have Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030. Could that be the reason? Is there a utility for that version.

October 7th, 2012 05:00

It seems to be an operating system conflict due to which the utility is not functioning as expected. You can try to restore the computer to factory settings (PC Restore).
Note: PC restore will lead to data (pictures, documents, programs, music) loss. Please perform a data backup prior to this step. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well.
To perform PC restore:

• Restart PC, press F8 key 3-4 times when the Dell logo appears.
  • ‘Advanced Boot Options' menu will appear, ‘Repair your Computer' is highlighted, press Enter (Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice).
  • 'Windows is loading files' screen will appear. Wait for it to load.
  • 'System Recovery Options' prompt will appear. Specify the language and keyboard input that you want, and then click ‘Next’.
  • Log in as a user who has administrative credentials; select the username from the drop-down list, type the password and click OK.
  • 'Choose a Recovery Tool' window appears, select 'Dell Data Safe Restore and Emergency Backup'.
    The Welcome screen will show 2 options; 'Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files' and
  • 'Select other System Backup and more options'. Select the second option (Select other System Backup and more options) and click Next.
  • The next window will show these options; 'Backup Files and folders' and 'Restore my computer'. Select ‘Restore my computer’.
  • Select the 'Factory Image' and click ‘Next’.
  • The next window will show 2 options; 'Preserve new or changed files before restoring to selected System Backup' and 'Restore without preserving new or changed files'. Select the second option (Restore without preserving new or changed files) and click ‘Next’.
  • A prompt will appear stating that 'your computer is about to be restored all data currently on your computer will be deleted and replaced with your       selected Full System Backup. If an Emergency File & Folder Backup was created, it will still be saved in the location you selected'. Click 'Yes, continue' and click 'Next'.
    PC restore will initiate. Click 'Restart'.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to create a user account.

Once done, apply the registry fix and update the drivers/utility again.
Also, I would like to check the system configuration. I am sending you a friend request; please accept it and send me the Service Tag and account information through private message. Please do not share the Service tag in the open forum. I will check the system configuration and help you accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Do write back with the results. 

12 Posts

October 9th, 2012 10:00

I have send you the Service tag through friend conversation. About the procedure What you said would probably work. But I'm not willing to go through that long procedure right now. I think when I completely reinstall my OS It will work all right. I have a plan to reinstall my OS on a later date.

I would probably let you know if it works then.

But Thank you VERY much for all your help. I really appreciate it. Really Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 9th, 2012 11:00

Kash_Champ,

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

If you decide to reinstall the operating system, plee make sure to make copies of files and folders that you cannot fford to lose.

The easiest method is...

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

The more involved method is...

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

Pleae make sure to install the drivers in the correct order. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

12 Posts

October 10th, 2012 02:00

Thank you Rick

No Events found!