Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

December 8th, 2006 22:00

Screen Capture

I have a Dell Inspiron 1150.  I want to do a screen capture, but I don't see a print screen key on my keyboard.  Can someone tell me where it is?  TIA.

3 Posts

December 9th, 2006 04:00

Without actually knowing the layout of the keyboard, I would imagine that the PRT SCR key is a function key.  Check over all of the buttons and look for the smaller blue text on the keys.  You should be able to find the PRT SCR key.

If not, you can always download Print Key 2000.  Its free and allows you to capture specific areas of the screen.  The download link is below.

331 Posts

December 10th, 2006 18:00

Dorth24 guessed right, looks like it's the Insert key at the bottom near the right side of the Space Bar between the Ctrl and Delete keys. So you would need to press and hold the blue Fn key then Insert (blue Prnt Scrn).

2 Posts

December 11th, 2006 01:00

Thanks - I feel sooo stupid but i found it!

Technie

February 24th, 2008 06:00

I found that the ACA capture PRO   is the right capture software i want. it is pretty good for the person who has to capture abundont images or videos from pages. furthermore, the ACA capture PRO has many enhanced features: capture all flash file from web page, create videos of your computer screen (make AVI Video/Movie), and capture any icons whatever from a file, a directory, or whole harddisk on your computer. With ACA Capture Pro's many features, you can save time and enhance your screen shots.

it is available at http://www.acasystems.com/en/screencapturepro/tour_a10.htm

February 24th, 2008 06:00

Message Edited by DanielSmith1840 on 02-24-2008 02:49 AM

8 Posts

November 22nd, 2011 18:00

If you capture screen just to record screenshot, you can just press "Prt Scr" beside "F12" on you keyboard. If you capture laptop screen to grab video, then you should use some screen recorder to help you.

The one I used can record anything on laptop screen with decent quality, what you got is what you saw on laptop, and it also can help you save the file to standard video format file. You can also convert the video format by using it.

It's totally clean, containing no adware, no spyware, and no viruses, which will not risk your laptop.

1 Message

November 24th, 2011 03:00

Personally, I use My Screen Recorder. Records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. It's easy to use, and the recordings are crystal clear. Download here: http://www.deskshare.com/screen-recorder.aspx

No Events found!