Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2013 09:00

Run DLL error

I thought I had everything running smoothly with this new hard drive.  But, now I only have a C drive.  What happened to my D drive?  And, now once again I am getting error messages on start up.  This one now says: C:\Users\Beth\AppData\Roaming\acasa.dll.  What does it mean and how do I fix it?  I have run an optimizer and nothing happened. Restarted and same 4 identical messages pop up.  I can't print screen shots on this computer and never have been able to do so.  The hot keys on this computer have never worked no matter what configuration I try.  I'm ready to chunk this Inspiron 1764 and buy an HP!!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 10:00

Hi daisy nurse,

It can be frustrating when the system displays error messages when loading Windows. Dell supports only a single parition and hence only the C: partition is visible. The error message may be due to a virus infection or the Anti-Virus program has delected a problem, but left the starter files. I suggest you run the antivirus program and scan the system thorougly.

You will need to re-install Windows if the scan fails to fix the issue and install all the drivers.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

No Events found!