Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2017 05:00

Problem in my Dell laptop Microphone

Hello,

My Dell laptop model Inspiron 15 5000 series, Service TAG: DLKYPF2 has an audio issue.

The internal and external microphone doesn't work properly. For example I use voice recorder app to record my speech. When plaid the recording message, voice volume level was not stable, some voices normal others very low. 

How can I fix this problem

Motaz

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2017 12:00

:emotion-2:

First, please remove service tag number

Second, check and see if latest windows updates are installed on system. Type Settings onto [Cortana] search box, Update And Security, and then select Check For Update. Install any available updates and restart your system if required. Please don't wait later to install, click on Restart Now. Do the process over and over until you have all the latest windows on the system. Also, check Update History for any failed updates.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2017 13:00

If Microphone / Audio issue still isn't fix, I'd suggest you update the System Setup(BIOS). Please click on the link below to safely latest BIOS version. By the way, your Dell exact model number listed as Inspiron 5567.

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer ... - YouTube

After you updated latest BIOS version, expand Audio in your Dell Product Support page, and then install Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

No Events found!