Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2016 17:00

My laptop Is COMPLETELY BLACK SCREEN (DELL INSPIRON 14 5000 SERIES)

Helpppp. ... Ive tried instruction to Unplug battery n power chord and press the power button for 30 second. And reconnect the power chord to laptop. And press the button. But Nothing works. Help me

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 26th, 2016 09:00

:emotion-2:

Does the computer turn on ? If yes, I suggest you run Diagnostic tool to check hardware on the computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer. Disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously. In the boot menu, click on diagnostic. Please report back any error code.

Note: Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Example: Dell Inspiron 5468, windows 10

2K Posts

December 26th, 2016 14:00

Hi KIMCAI,

What is the exact system model?

When you press the power button on the system, does the power led come on? Is there any damage on the system? Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?

Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system?

Please check if there is any damage on the machine. Check if all the ports on the machine are fine or misaligned. Sometimes if the pins in the USB ports are touching each other, they are known to cause many issues on the machine.

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then try connecting with the adapter only / battery only.

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

If the system powers on and stays on, connect an external monitor and check.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

5 Posts

December 26th, 2016 16:00

Hello, Thx for Reply

Related to your answer

Yea when I pressed pOwer button the led come up. Yep I'm using original adapter and it's stay connected

------------------------------------------

Yeah it's stay stable

-----------

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then try connecting with the adapter only / battery only. (TRIED AND NOT WORK)

----------

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes. (tried and not work)

-----------

I also I've tried Connecting to external Monitor. Nothings work

5 Posts

It wasn't turn on at all

5 Posts

I'm using Windows 10 64 Bit

2K Posts

December 29th, 2016 09:00

Hi KIMCAI,

What is the exact system model? Turn the system upside down and should find a sticker with service tag and system model listed.

http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download the service manual and remove the memory modules / HDD and try powering on the system. See if you could isolate the source of the issue.

If nothing works, then the motherboard might be faulty and needs to be replaced. 

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

5 Posts

December 30th, 2016 03:00

Hello

Nevermind, Ill buy New laptop

---------------------------------

I have Replacing all the thing inside the laptop but nothing seems to be work

-------> My Warranty is Over <-----------

************* however thanks for your help ****************

27 Posts

December 30th, 2016 03:00

Hey Kimcai,

I had something very similar to this and spent some time diagnosing.

Did you change both memory cards (assuming you have two)? What I'd do is this - power-off laptop, remove battery, replace lower memory card with higher one. Reconnect battery and power on. If this still produces black screen, do the other way around.

2K Posts

December 30th, 2016 09:00

Hi KIMCAI,

I suppose investing your money on a new machine than to repair this system, would be my personal suggestion as well. However, again, that is your discretion.

Should you need any info / help, contact us anytime.

No Events found!