Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 8th, 2014 16:00

Looking for a replacement inverter board

I need to replace the inverter board on my Inspiron N7110, but I can't find any information on Dell's site re: acceptable replacements.  Can someone help me find the right inverter board for this model?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 8th, 2014 17:00

The N7110 uses an LED-backlit screen - these don't have inverters.  Inverters are used for CCFL baclights in older models - just about nothing built in the last five years or so had CCFL screens.

November 8th, 2014 17:00

That's great information!  The display is extremely dim - I can barely make out the screen details, but can see that it is displaying content that matches what is mirrored to an external monitor.

Is the backlight replaceable on the N7110 or will I need to replace the entire screen?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 8th, 2014 18:00

The backlight isn't separately replaceable - the if it is the backlight, the screen needs to be replaced.  The other possibility is that it's the circuit that powers the backlight that's gone bad - meaning the mainboard would need to be replaced.  Of those two, the screen is less expensive but the probability it's the mainboard rather than the screen is higher.

No Events found!