Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2011 09:00

Logitech V220 Wireless Mouse

I am not able to get the Logitech V220 wirleless mouse, supplied by Dell to work at all on my laptop computer.  My system is:

Dell Inspirion 1750

Windows 7 (x64) OS

I have installed the proper Setpoint driver from Logitech.  I have also tried 3 different batteries in the mouse.  The touchpad on the computer works fine, even after installing the wireless mouse driver.

My wireless modem works fine, too.

The system recognizes that there is a wireless mouse installed.

I am at total loss here. :emotion-43:   Anyone else have this problem?  Any/all suggestions appreciated!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 20th, 2011 10:00

The Logitech V220 wirleless mouse needs to be synced up to your computer.

It has a A wireless mini-receiver that looks like a USB flash Drive.

This problem is likely to be a lost connection. The connection between the mouse and the USB mini-receiver can be lost due to several reasons such as:

• Low battery
  • Moving the USB mini-receiver from one USB port to another
  • Moving the USB mini-receiver to another computer
  • Plugging the USB mini-receiver into a USB hub or other unsupported device such as a KVM switch (your USB mini-receiver must be plugged directly into your computer)
  • Using your cordless mouse on metal surfaces
  • Radio frequency (RF) interference of more powerful wireless devices such as:
    • Wireless speakers
    • Computer power supplies
    • Monitors
    • Cellular telephones
    • Garage door openers

Eliminate any problem sources mentioned above that might be affecting your devices.

Before connecting your V220:

1. Make sure you have a fresh battery in your mouse. For battery installation instructions, see Knowledge Base article 9121.

2. Make sure the mouse is turned on. The power switch on the bottom of the mouse should be set to ON.

V220_MseSwitchSetON.jpg

3. Make sure the USB mini-receiver is directly and securely plugged into a working USB port on your computer.

4. Turn your computer on.

5. Follow the procedures below to reconnect your mouse.

Reconnecting your V220 mouse

1. Verify that you have the latest version of SetPoint installed. Download the latest version on the V220 Downloads Page.

2. Open the Logitech Connect Utility (Start > Programs > Logitech > Mouse and Keyboard > Connect Utility).

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

ConnectUtil_4StepInstructions.jpg

4. The mouse should be re-connected within 2 seconds. If the connection is not confirmed within 30 seconds, the utility will ask you to perform the procedure again. If the mouse works, click on Done to exit the Re-connection Utility window.

ConnectUtil_Confirm.jpg

5. If the mouse still fails to connect after several tries, reboot the system and try the process again.

6. If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please Email Us.

You can download the latest software from the V220 Downloads Page.

No Events found!