Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

22 Posts

August 4th, 2008 02:00

Laptop won't go into sleep mode when I close it and won't turn on after I open the lid

I have an M1530 and had to reformat it and reinstall Vista because of some problems I was having.  For whatever reason, now the laptop won't go into sleep mode and turn on when I open the lid.  The power light doesn't flash when I close it.  How do I fix this?

130 Posts

August 4th, 2008 04:00

have you tried adjusting you power management stettings?????

28 Posts

August 4th, 2008 05:00

it looks like you don't have proper settings for LID in power management..does you NB turn on after you tap the power button? if yes, it's probably in hibernation mode (and you can change it in power management too)

61 Posts

August 4th, 2008 22:00

If you haven't installed Vista SP1 do so.

If you have SP1 and you can not put the system to sleep you can use the following tool:
http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml

just have to run and it asks you if you want to use later, i choose no for a 1 time configuration, it will pop up and say "sleep state" "Unspecified" change to S3, then close the tool and test sleep. This tool has worked everytime I have used, except in cases when you put the system to sleep and it reboots.

The original dell power settings can be downloaded here:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Message Edited by Azoth on 08-04-2008 06:35 PM

3 Posts

August 5th, 2008 17:00

I also have same problem Don't use "Balanced" power plan instead use "Dell Recommended" power plan

28 Posts

August 5th, 2008 17:00

go to control panel, find power options, click Change plan settings..there you will find timings for sleep etc...and in advanced power options you can choose if you want your computer to sleep or hibernate etc... GL
No Events found!