Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 15th, 2012 23:00

Laptop froze then can't pass start up.

My laptop randomly froze while watching Youtube and then I restarted it.

Now I can't get passed friggin "Starting up windows." Is this hardrive problems as I read on the net?

I'm on Safe Mode btw...

I can't Factory Restore it...because there are no options to do so.

Just Factory Image, Launch repair, etc. I need to factory restore AND I HAVE A DISC.

I'm sorry I got my laptop fixed not even a damn month ago and already have a problems...AGAIN!

I have warranty still and I'm not going to try and fix it all day so yeah.

24 Posts

September 16th, 2012 12:00

Nevermind. It's getting fixed. Hardrive broke and i asked Dell support online. Thanks for the help.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 15th, 2012 23:00

Hello Gambiter,

This is a very rare situation with a system repaired just a month ago and this can be bothersome. Please allow me an opportunity in assisting you to rectify this issue.
There are 2 steps I would suggest.
1. Running a Hardware Diagnostics.
-- Restart the computer.
-- Keep tapping the F12 key on the Dell Logo Screen.
-- From the One time boot menu select Diagnostics and Press Enter.
-- It runs a test on all the hardware components.
-- If the test fails please capture the error code and let me know the error code.
If the test passes, follow the next step.

2. Performing a PC Restore (Factor Image).
Doing a PC Restore would take the computer to the original factory settings.
Please follow the Link mentioned below to perform the PC Restore.
http://dell.to/KTY2az

Please ensure to back up all the data from your computer before performing the PC Restore as it would erase everything from your computer.
Please reply the results, I’d be glad to assist you further. 

24 Posts

September 16th, 2012 00:00

Hi, like I said before. When I get to the F8 stuff, there is NO DELL factory settings or image restore only Repair Launchup, Factory image and restore point, restore point does not work btw.  I have the disc inserted and everything also AFTER I get to where it says Choose language/Country it says something about Homegroup then my PC name. So if I need to find Dell image from Homegroup I can't coz idk the password but my name is set to admin so what the heck?.

And yea my laptop had hardrive problems when I sent it in..................

EDIT: By the way the disc is this: Drivers and Ultilties  for reinstalling Inspirion M5030 software is this it? That's all I have.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

September 16th, 2012 04:00

Hello Gambiter,

Well, the Drivers and Utility is the disk that you would need post reinstallation of the Operating System.
As you have mentioned that from F8 you were able to run the PC Restore, we need to  do a clean re-installation of the operating system.
For that we need the Windows Operating System Disk as well.
Following Link provided below would give you the steps to do the Re-installation of the Operating system.
http://dell.to/HgiXU2

I would also like to know if you have ran the hardware diagnostics and what was the result before we try to re-install the operating system.
Please write back with the results, would be glad to assist you further.

24 Posts

September 16th, 2012 08:00

Okay.

1. No hardrive errors and no beeps like before.

2. I DO NOT HAVE WINDOWS 7 reinstallation ...Like I said I only have that Utilties. I was never given a disc for WIN7.

3. Can I just send it in the shop again? I have warranty and nothing really to lose.

I just got the laptop back not even a month ago and it broke again which was Aug 18.

You know that's pretty hilarious in retrospect I do not do anything on this laptop for it to screw up every friggin second.

When I got my laptop back it said hardrive and software problems I think was the problem on the paper.

I'm sorry for sounding or coming off rude but I have had many problems with this laptop since the 3RD DAY of purchasing it and rather just send it in than just configure it myself.

No Events found!