Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2017 12:00

Keyboard keys not working

I m using a Dell Inspiron laptop 7000 Series 

After 2 months of purchase i lost wifi capability and was helped by your support to  the Outcome was to change the entire motherboard.

After using it for an year now my keyboard has stopped working multiple keys Stop working i have tried to remove the drivers reset windows performed a Clean install of Windows ,but still the same.

I m so disappointed at the product and regret buying Dell

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 25th, 2017 04:00

Hi rohitwattal,

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried cleaning the laptop?  Sometimes dust, dirt, or crumbs can get under the keys and cause them to not respond correctly.  Additionally, if the keyboard has failed, it could be replaced.

Here is a video someone posted on how to clean a laptop computer:  http://dell.to/2yNeQTn

You can purchase keyboards from Dell spare parts, or from companies like parts-people.com along with DIY step-by-step videos.  

October 25th, 2017 09:00

Laptop was serviced by dell Service Center,I would consider replacing but keys work sometimes considering they keyboard is gone bad will be so ridiculous as its been onky 2 years i got this laotop.

I'm not sure i would like to try the steps shown in video to clean laptop it should be done by dell  

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 25th, 2017 09:00

If the system was serviced by the Dell Service Center, the work should be warranted.  Have you notified them that there was a problem after they fixed it?  

No Events found!