Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 6th, 2015 19:00

Initial Log In Screen on Window 10 Blinking with Facial Recognition Logo. (I cannot Login)

Hi,

I've just bought a new Dell laptop with Window 10.  The initial screen is blinking with the Dell Facial Recognition. I cannot login to PC.

Please any solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Jesus

2 Posts

August 21st, 2015 13:00

Thank you, but HOW did you boot up in safe-mode? Can you send a link or something? All videos on youtube I find only explain how to do it with the "restart" button that I cant click on. Thank you for help! :)

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Hi Jesus,

We need to start the system in Safe mode and login using the password option and uninstall the Fast access application. Reboot to normal mode download and reinstall the Fast access. Update the fast access application and set it up.

To start the system in safe mode please follow the following steps.

1. Click on power button symbol from the Sign In screen.
  2. While keeping the Shift key pressed, click or tap on Restart.
  3. Then, Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. Choose Troubleshoot.
  4. Then, on the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options.
  5. On the Advanced options screen, choose Startup Settings.
  6. Windows 10 notifies you that you can restart your device in order to change advanced boot options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.
  7. After Windows 10 reboots, you can choose which boot options you want enabled. To get into Safe Mode, you have three different options. To enable Safe Mode press the F4 key on your keyboard, to enable Safe Mode with Networking press F5 and to enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt press F6.

August 7th, 2015 07:00

Hi Dell Tech,

Windows Installer service does not work in safe mode of windows 10 & without windows installer does not work in safe mode.

Regards,

1 Message

August 7th, 2015 14:00

I have this issue, however I cannot get access to the power button on the screen to boot in safe mode. I have a blue screen with dots circling, flashing. I press ctrl alt del and I can see the login screen flash but I cannot click on it. I can get an onscreen keyboard, I can get the narrator and I can press windows button and P and have access to the screen selection,. Nothing else. I am using an xt3, upgraded from win7 pro 64 bit. Is there anyway to safe boot like in previous versions like f8?

7 Posts

August 10th, 2015 21:00

I experienced something similar to this. After my first reboot post Windows 10 install, the login screen just flashed, as if there was a loose connection in my VGA cable, or TV interference. The effect being I couldn't login or use my machine.

After much research trawling the 'net, it seems that 'FastAccess', a product from Sensible Vision, that came with my 3 month old Dell laptop, isn't compatible with Windows 10. Or at least the version I had isn't compatible. Sorry, I don't know which version it was.

To disable it, I had a bit of a nightmare getting into Safe Mode and could only get to a command prompt. As I wasn't able to uninstall it from the command prompt, to prevent it starting at boot I renamed the FastAccess folder within c:\Program Files (x86), giving it the extension '.old'. Actually,  I can't remember if that was in a 'SensibleVision' folder. Either way, renaming either of these will have the same effect.

I rebooted and voila!, a normal login screen. As I wasn't using FastAccess and didn't want it, I uninstalled it (after removing the '.old' from the folder to allow the uninstaller to do a clean job). All now seems to work fine (I only did this a couple of days ago).

Hope this helps.

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 03:00

I experienced something similar to this. After my first reboot post Windows 10 install, the login screen just flashed, as if there was a loose connection in my VGA cable, or TV interference. The effect being I couldn't login or use my machine.

After much research trawling the 'net, it seems that 'FastAccess', a product from Sensible Vision, that came with my 3 month old Dell laptop, isn't compatible with Windows 10. Or at least the version I had isn't compatible. Sorry, I don't know which version it was.

To disable it, I had a bit of a nightmare getting into Safe Mode and could only get to a command prompt. As I wasn't able to uninstall it from the command prompt, to prevent it starting at boot I renamed the FastAccess folder within c:\Program Files (x86), giving it the extension '.old'. Actually,  I can't remember if that was in a 'SensibleVision' folder. Either way, renaming either of these will have the same effect.

I rebooted and voila!, a normal login screen. As I wasn't using FastAccess and didn't want it, I uninstalled it (after removing the '.old' from the folder to allow the uninstaller to do a clean job). All now seems to work fine (I only did this a couple of days ago).

Hope this helps.

How did you get to the command prompt?  I'm stuck at the logon screen and can't get anywhere.

7 Posts

August 11th, 2015 15:00

I booted my PC from the Windows 10 install media and selected "Repair this Computer". Following the menu's I wanted to get to a Safe Boot GUI, but could only get to a Safe Boot command prompt.

Hope that helps.

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 05:00

can you give more detail how to boot from usb or dvd . I still stuck with flashing screen and logo off fast access facial recognition logo

1 Message

August 13th, 2015 00:00

roll back to the previous windows  then uninstall fast access.upgrade then to windows 10.

use windows 10 installation cd to roll back

1 Message

August 18th, 2015 13:00

HELP! Purchased new Dell Inspiron 11 for my daughter's bday. We proceeded to upgrade to Windows 10. However, we are now stuck with a flashing screen at Facial Recognition. It has the correct date and time in the bottom left corner. I am unable to do anything. There is no startup option. The only thing I can do is do a hard shut-down. I've read the other comments about entering into safe mode but I don't have anything to click on. I've tried all the F keys with no success. Please help!

7 Posts

August 18th, 2015 21:00

You need to boot from your install media (either your DVD or USB stick), then follow my instructions above. To boot from the install media you may need to go into the BIOS and change the settings to allow you to boot from a non-UEFI device.

Hope that helps.

August 20th, 2015 03:00

Hey same problem is causing with my dell

The help they provide you does it help?

No sir! It doesn't help

How i boot no key is working it's only blinking all i can do is power off!

Help me out ASAP

thankyou

Hello sir

How i proceed as none of my key is working all i hav to do is power off!

No!it doesn't help

Please help me!

No key is working... how i boot? its only blinking nothing else!

No Events found!