Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 11th, 2017 16:00

How do i keep Keyboard light always on? Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop

thank you for any help...

2K Posts

June 12th, 2017 00:00

Hi WAKALIWOOD,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system?

Kindly review this video on how to change the keyboard backlit settings in general.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

2 Posts

June 12th, 2017 02:00

thank you! the exact model is the Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop.

I have Windows 10 Home installed.

I understand how to use the F10 button to toggle the keyboard backlight, but what i want to do is keep it on all the time, even when running off battery power. when i open Windows Mobility Center, there is no option for Keyboard Brightness.

2K Posts

June 14th, 2017 20:00

Hi WAKALIWOOD,

Inspiron 7000 is usually the series. 

Restart the system and press f2 key on startup to enter BIOS, you will find the exact system model listed there. 

Or open command prompt -> systeminfo - and the exact model will be listed.

Or send me a private message with the service tag of the system and I can find the info.

Based on the exact model, we shall check further.

1 Message

October 26th, 2017 12:00

Hey WAKALIWOOD,

Did you ever get a solution?  I have a Inspiron 15 7000, also with Win10.  The settings you are looking for, as was I, are in Widows Mobility Center.  Click on the magnifying glass icon next to the Windows icon, type Mobility then select it.  An app will open with DELL Keyboard Brightness.  Click on that and more settings will open.  I set mine to stay on much longer and brighter as the keys are impossible to read in a dim room when the timer turns the back light off.  

To DELL Support: Seems this model doesn't have an ambient light sensor to do the work for us although i would have thought the built in camera could be doing this.  Can DELL consider making a patch to allow the camera to double as an ambient light sensor that controls the keyboard back light? Thanks.

~greg

No Events found!