Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

July 3rd, 2005 00:00

How do I connect my Inspiron 9300 to my Bose 321 Home Entertainment system

I just purchased a Bose 321 Home Entertainment system and I would like to connect my Inspiron 9300 to it - mostly to listen to music through the speaker.

The Bose 321 has the standard panel to connect to external sources - S-Video, Optical Audio, as well as standard connections for CD, DVD, TV, AUX, AM/FM.  My Inspiron has hookups for S-Video, microphones, and headphones - in addition to the standard USB ports.

I've reviewed both the Inspiron manual and the Bose manual and they were both sort of generic.  Do I need any special connecting cables?  Can I do it with a standard S-Video or audio connectors? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

774 Posts

July 3rd, 2005 12:00

use the headphone jack on the right side. enjoy your hitz. i have the 9300 laptop connected to dells 5.1 desktop type set of speakers and the laptop kicks out some nice tunes. sounds excellent. make sure when u double click the speaker icon near the clock you make your appropriate settings on the sliders. wave and pc speaker can be way up. the master is what u mess with when u want to lower and higher the sound. your choice. if u need certain adapters for the headphone jack to go into a y connector for rca jacks to your bose system radio shack is the place to go. or mcmelectronics.com. i been dealing with mcmelectronics for 20 yrs. they r 90% cheaper then radio shack. They also carry tons of items for techys
No Events found!