Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2011 17:00

Drivers download problem.

Hi, I need the drivers for my laptop, but:

Drivers & Downloads

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.
Why this problem?
Thanks in advance.

33 Posts

January 6th, 2012 12:00

Anyway, after some trying I found a solution. I was signed in to my Dell account when I was trying to access the Drivers and Downloads page and every time I got the error. So I signed out and went to the Drivers page again and clicked on the option that said I didn't have my Service tag. It then let me choose which Dell system I had and took me to the page for those drivers.

So if you're logged in when you get the error try logging out and see if that works.

4.4K Posts

December 27th, 2011 17:00

Do not use Dell's download manager

Uninstall Dell's Download Manager

1. Click Start
  2. Click Control Panel
  3. Click Programs and Features
  4. Scroll through the list and search for "Dell Driver Download Manager"
  5. Once you have found it and click on "Dell Driver Download Manager"
  6. Click Uninstall/Change
  7. "Dell Driver Download Maintenance" window will appear.
  8. Click Remove the application from this computer.
  9. Click OK to continue to remove it.
  10. The window will gray out and then disappear. Once it has disappeared Dell Driver Download Manager is uninstalled.
  11. Open Internet Explorer 
  12. Click Tools
  13. Click Internet Options
  14. Click Delete
  15. Click Delete Cookies and Click Delete files.

Use your web browser to download the files.

7 Posts

December 27th, 2011 19:00

Oh, I'm sorry, Is IE the unique browser supported?

4.4K Posts

Use IE.  Firefox doesn't always work on this site.

7 Posts

As expected, thank you :)

7 Posts

I'm sorry but I don't use that (I don't know what is it either...). I'm using Firefox to download the drivers, but when I click on Drivers link I receive that message (I'm logged in with my account, but it happens when I'm not too, even if I clean cookies and history).

33 Posts

January 6th, 2012 12:00

Firstly, he didn't say anything about using Download Manager. Secondly, this has nothing to do with Firefox vs IE at all. I haven't been able to get onto the Drivers and Download page from since before Xmas. I'm using IE and I get exactly the same message - "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.". After reading through this forum and other times when I have looked for help with other issues I have to say that there is very litlte worthwhile help ever available. Maybe that's the Dell effect? The forums are as useless as Dell's tech support! 

4.4K Posts

January 6th, 2012 19:00

Ian Pugh,

Fortunately switching to IE form Firefox to download DID help the OP.  As for download manager, people have had issues using it.

I’m sorry that you have had issues but there are many potential solutions to an issue that is not fully described.  Lack of details makes it hard.

But we do appreciate the fact that you have found a solution and posted it here so others can see what may help them.

33 Posts

January 7th, 2012 03:00

The OP doesn't say that their problem was solved. They just thanked you for the answer which they had anticipated they would receive.

7 Posts

January 7th, 2012 10:00

I'm sorry for not posting the results, but I was so busy in these days...

Now checking my email I saw these new posts and I came back here. Unfortunately I have to confirm Ian Pugh posts, because I see the same message with IE... I'll try with your suggests and post my results.

Thank you.

33 Posts

January 7th, 2012 15:00

I hope it works for you as it solved the same problem for me. Just make sure you're signed out of your Dell account then try accessing the Drivers and Downloads page again.

January 10th, 2012 11:00

I have same problem, already using IE and still same thing happen.

Why did this question was marked as answered. The problem still exist

33 Posts

January 10th, 2012 11:00

Hi,

Were you logged into your Dell account at the time? If you were, try logging out then accessing the Drivers Download page again.  Good luck.

33 Posts

January 10th, 2012 12:00

I agree it should be fixed but Dell aren't very good at fixing problems.

January 10th, 2012 12:00

Hi Ian,

Yes, I did try your solution and it does work. Thank you for that. But still, error are still there and your solution is a work around. This should be fixed.

Regards

Will

No Events found!