Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2016 15:00

Dell Inspiron 14 7000 series - 7437

So, this happened a long  time ago but when ever I try to turn my computer on it wont start up, but when I plug it in there's a weird buzzing noise you can hear it if you put your head near the laptops keyboard and also if you put your head near the bottom of the laptop and there is also no display when plugged in. I really need a solution without buying a new laptop. [:'(]

Please help 

May 21st, 2016 21:00

Hi Charlierca

Thanks for writing to us. 

When did the issue start? Have you made any hardware or software changes? 

Please try an external monitor if available. 

Almost all the parts in this model are quite complicated to remove including the battery. 

The noise can be from fan or the hard drive. 

Is it possible to record the buzzing noise and send to us. ? /

Should your system be under warranty we can get it repaired. 

Await your response.

Regards

May 22nd, 2016 21:00

Hi we are awaiting your response.

May 23rd, 2016 08:00

this happened quite a while ago and I have opened up the back of it and plugged it in the noise comes from one of the small fans and there's some black spots on it possibly from a spark? is that a problem

really not looking forward to this being not fixable because its the only pc / laptop i own 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 23rd, 2016 14:00

Verify that the AC adapter is functional.  Plug it into the wall but not the system.  The LED on the brick or the DC end should come on and stay on.  If it does not, the adapter is bad.

Once that's checked, leave the system unplugged, and unplug or remove the battery.  Hold the power button for 30 seconds.  Remove and reinstall the memory module(s).  Plug in the adapter (leave the battery out or disconnected).  Try powering up.  If it will, but won't with the battery installed or connected, the battery is bad;  replace it with a new one.

If the system still won't power up after the above, the mainboard is bad - it will need to be replaced. 

1 Message

May 23rd, 2016 23:00

You can choose different monitor for this. It works. or else you can contact me newtipstricks.com

May 25th, 2016 20:00

hi, the hardware needs to be replaced. Should your system be under warranty we can get it repaired , else you can take it a any Dell authorized repair store. 

Await your response.

May 26th, 2016 21:00

Hi we are awaiting your response.

No Events found!