Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

14 Posts

February 18th, 2004 23:00

Blinking Orange light

The battery light on my I8100 is blinking orange 3times and then once green.  What in the world does this mean?!?!

Message Edited by Scotth1 on 02-18-2004 07:55 PM

956 Posts

February 19th, 2004 00:00

That means your battery is dead. Not surprising considering you have a fairly old system. You'll need to buy a new one from Dell.

956 Posts

What? That's really weird. Umm, no the battery light woulnd't blink because of anything that's not battery related...

14 Posts

Does it indicate processor speed by blinking differently?

956 Posts

Not that I know of. I believe the only thing that the battery light blinking indicates is things about the battery. Processor, RAM, and Motherboard indications are handled by the Caps. Num. and Scroll Locks.

14 Posts

I would think that too but I can run for about 2 hours on the battery.  As long as I am just surfing that is and not running the cd or dvd.

1 Message

February 25th, 2004 09:00

Hi Scott,

As I have the same problem I can tell you it is the battery.

Take out the battery of its bay and take a look at its back side.
There you see a white circleshape field and some LEDs.
Pressing that circle you will see the almost functioning cells of your battery lighting on...

Because of the blinking orange light on top I suggest at least one of this LED doesn't light on.

My Inspiron runs with this warning since about 5 months now.

On saving money it may help you, that the time your battery doesn't hold more than some minutes you can go to some battery-experts and they will change only the cell-package, you needn't buy the whole electronic and the case...

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2004 23:00

In another forum or thread, there was a post that said the official word from Dell is that this blinking sequence happens when the battery was overheated, but that sensor doesn't work so well. One person was told to "ignore it".
No Events found!