Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

I

5 Posts

April 5th, 2004 02:00

Black screen!

I have a problem! Right now, in the middle of my paper-period, my computer, Insp.8200 decided to quit on me! I don't get any power to my screen. The HD is working fine. When it first happened, I was told by Dell that I should remove the small board above the key to check the power cord. I did that and it worked. But now, I'm on the other side of the globe (Australia that is, I'm usually in Sweden) so I have a problem calling Dell and I really need my computer. The power cord is not the problem (as far as I can tell) and the thing is that for a while, if I pressed the right spot on the computer I would get power to the screen... HEEEEELP! //Jonas

April 5th, 2004 02:00

Try reseating your video flex cable.

2.2K Posts

April 5th, 2004 12:00

Follow the instructions accompanying the first 10 pictures on the following linked page. The 10th shows the flex cable (they call it the LCD connector) being disconnected. What you wanna do is diconnect it and then reconnect it firmly and reverse the steps.

http://www.bay-wolf.com/8500video.htm

stu

5 Posts

April 5th, 2004 12:00

Feel like an idiot, but how do I do that.. can I do that by myself?

5 Posts

April 6th, 2004 08:00

Oh, I had already done that... and it wans't that :( Anyone knows where I can go in Melbourne to get it fixed?

2.2K Posts

April 6th, 2004 08:00

What part of Melbourne are you in? I live in Glen Iris near Caulfield campus of Monash Uni (where I go), and there's a pretty good place called PCM computers nearby. They are a bit pricey on service sometimes, but have always done a good job when I've needed something done I couldn't do myself due to lack of tools/ knowledge.

stu

5 Posts

April 6th, 2004 09:00

I'm at La Trobe Uni. Budoora. How much do you think they would charge and how do I find that place?

5 Posts

April 6th, 2004 14:00

Ok, just wanted to tell you all that the problem probably is the grafphic-card and another thing... if you ever have problem, don't call Swedish dell... now, I can't even get my computer started... don't feel like bying a Dell next time.

401 Posts

April 7th, 2004 00:00

i agree   i say never call out of country tech support but then again  what choice do we have
No Events found!