Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2016 13:00

Amber and White light blinking. What is the meaning of that signal?

Hi friends, I'm using Dell Studio 1558 and recently bought an original battery online and I dont know the authenticity of that battery. Also before changing the battery, I had a hard disk crash and changed a new hard disk.

Now at times, I'm getting amber and white light flashing. Its getting corrected if I restart the system.

Can anyone let me know the meaning of this flashing amber and white lighting?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 7th, 2016 15:00

:emotion-2:

Dell™ Technology Guide - Troubleshooting (pages 271 - 297), Studio 1558

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please watch video....

Update System Setup (BIOS) for a Dell Computer (Official Dell Tech Support)

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If you haven't downloaded the Quickset application yet, please install in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

I also like to suggest you update the BIOS and chipset driver. Use the link below to download the BIOS and chipset.

www.dell.com/.../drivers

June 7th, 2016 23:00

The BIOS shows as its the latest version. Hence it doesn't installed.

Downloaded the Quickset program and saw the battery details now.

And also I installed the chipset drivers as below

June 7th, 2016 23:00

After these, restarted the computer and did the method switching on the computer without battery through power adapter and pressing the power button for 20 seconds.

Now, the system working and battery is charging. I dont know whether I'll get the Orange and White light blinking again or not. Need to wait and see.

By the way, Do you know the "Meaning" of that flashing? if you need exactly, orange flashes three times and them white flashes one time.

June 14th, 2016 04:00

Sorry, I can see the updated now in the thread. after 8th June today the flashing light restarted. any idea?

June 14th, 2016 04:00

I couldn't find few of my replies here. I updated U after the BIOS update (actually it said that my BIOS is latest hence it didnt updated!), Installed Quickset application and ran it.

The problem of flashing orange light is stopped for about a week but now it restarted again today.

Its getting corrected when I restart the computer as usual. :(

June 15th, 2016 22:00

AN UPDATE:

I removed the Battery and pressed the power on button. It blinked for a second and went off (I think, it released the static power it held in mother board). Then the problem did not come until now - two days.

As for as I ASSUME, this flashing of Orange and White light is indicating the excess static power left in the mother board which is beyond the accepted level. So when we release the excess power then it works normal.

second ASSUMPTION: I hope that I bought a made-up battery (best quality of Copy battery) or power adapter which releases very very little excess power than the requirement which stores at the mother board as residual and over the time the motherboard deducts it and gives warning signal. This Battery I bought from snapdeal and it said as its original from Dell. Now the returning days are left and I'm unable to replace this battery. :(

No Events found!