Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 5th, 2018 06:00

Intel Virtualization

Hello there !

i have dell 7577  ( Windows 10 home ,Intel i7 7700HQ , 16 GB ram configuration ). I want to run android emulators but it always shows an error message that virtualization is not enabled though in task manager it shows it is enabled. 

I checked by disabling the intel virtualization form the bios and re enabling it. Still the problem is not solved. There is no Hyper V installed and i cannot install intel HAXM ( i.e it shows error that i have hyper v installed but it is not).

22 Posts

August 10th, 2018 22:00

i fixed it by re installing windows.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 5th, 2018 08:00

Do you have an additional BIOS options for something like VT-d, or VIrtualization Technology for Direct I/O? Are you sure you don’t have even a few components of Hyper-V installed, i.e. have you checked the “Add/remove Windows features” list? Are you running any third-party anti-virus that may be preventing that emulator from accessing virtualization features, since virtualization can be used for rather sophisticated malware these days? If none of that helps, if you haven't already, you might want to post in forums dedicated to your Android emulator to find out the exact technical firmware, configuration, and software requirements to satisfy that emulator’s virtualization needs.

22 Posts

August 6th, 2018 07:00

There is a feature in the BIOS called VT for Direct IO. Yes i have checked there is no option called Hyper-V in the programs and features option. And no i don't have any third party antivirus program installed. Not only for a particular emulator , every emulator or Virtual Machine i install shows an error. Virtualization not enabled.. And I do have checked the requirements for all of those emulators or VMs

22 Posts

August 6th, 2018 08:00

Yes i have to set that from Add or remove windows features. I updated the bios to the latest version and still i cannot use it.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 6th, 2018 08:00

Just for clarification, Hyper-V doesn’t show up in the main area of Programs and Features. From that area, you have to click “Turn Windows features on or off”. But I also just noticed that you said you’re running Windows 10 Home, which means you definitely don’t have Hyper-V since that’s only included with Windows 10 Pro and above. If you’ve already got both regular VT and VT for Direct I/O enabled in the BIOS, then my only last resort suggestion would be to update your BIOS/firmware and things like your chipset drivers in case this is some strange bug that exists in whatever version of some component you’re running right now.

22 Posts

August 6th, 2018 09:00

There is no device guard option in the gpedit.msc

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Guard 

1 Message

August 2nd, 2019 23:00

Reinstalling or refreshing Windows works, but there is a quicker, less drastic way where you don't have to reinstall all your applications.

Virtualization can be enabled by repairing Windows with the 'SFC /Scannow' command offline as described in the link below. Scroll down to: "How to scan and repair system files on Windows 10 offline" and follow the instructions. The SFC command will report that there are still corrupt files it cannot fix, but virtualization will work.

I would recommend copying the instructions down, or reading them from another device. Make sure you know your administrator account password as neither the pin number nor facial recognition works for the purpose of logging into the command-line pre-boot environment. Link:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-command-utility-fix-system-files-windows-10

Both DISM and SFC report that there are problems with the Windows installation as shipped. Hardware accelerated Virtualization is one feature that is broken by default which drastically slows Android emulation and  guest Operating Systems. Perhaps there are other issues as well. Maybe this is something Dell engineers could investigate.

22 Posts

August 4th, 2019 12:00

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my laptop mother board fried and is of no use now. Only used it for a year. Can't be repaired in my country.

January 7th, 2021 21:00

@S4MBH4V Is it possible to reinstall windows without format ? i am really in need of this solution stuck with this issue since last 4 months

22 Posts

January 7th, 2021 23:00

You can search " Reset this pc " in start menu, which version of windows are you running on ?

1 Rookie

• 

59 Posts

January 30th, 2021 03:00

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

>>cmd admin or powershell admin.

Then restart: shutdown /r /t 0

Now it shows VT & VT-x enabled in Intel Processor Identification Utility.

[I didn't have Windows Hyper-V feature enabled from start- it was unchecked]

Now no longer seeing Intel HAXM errors in Event Viewer

3 Posts

July 24th, 2021 19:00

Yes! Thank you!

While I had tried the earlier step of checking (and fixing) corrupt Windows files, this was the step that got it (HAXM) fully working for me! 

No Events found!