Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2021 13:00

Inspiron 15 7506 2in1 how to improve cooling?

My Inspiron 15 7506 2in1 is equipped  with the Intel 1165G7 and gets quiet hot  when I play  some 3d games which seems  to be normal. Also the built-in cooling fan  gets pretty loud then

So I asked myself how I could improve the cooling.

The International cooling solution is likely to look like this:

My concrete questions:

Does the fan blow warm air from within the laptop outward or cool air inward?

How can the cooling be improved with an external cooling fan? Where is it positioned Best?

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

June 20th, 2021 14:00

It blows outward through the vent locate behind it. A cooling pad would help.

3 Posts

June 21st, 2021 00:00

Thank you for your reply.

Do you mean that the fan pulls the cool air from the bottom of the laptop and blows it out at the rear side next to the hinge?

I think a cooling pad will not work in my case because I have my laptop standing vertically on my desktop. That's why I thought about using an external fan. Where should I place it?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 21st, 2021 05:00

To increase the cooling you can add extra fans on the back of the case or install a custom cooler for the cpu but to do this you need to have sufficient space in the case and power outlets for the extra fans on the motherboard.

Generally the cases are designed for sufficient airflow if you find that the temperature in your case is going up then clean your pc with air compressor and check if the cpu fan is working properly and also apply new thermal compound paste on the cpu if necessary.

November 13th, 2021 23:00

First I would say turn off turbo boost in the bios. You can enter the bios by hitting f2 on boot. Then the temps should improve a lot.

No Events found!