Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

October 10th, 2018 10:00

Dell Mobile Connect - System notifications Issue

After installing Dell Mobile Connect and connecting my Android to my Inspiron, the phone got a little crazy with the notifications so I muted the system notification in DMC on the laptop. Now I want to unmute the system notifications, but I can't seem to find the way to do so. The app list in DMC settings does not include any "Android", "System" or anything similar. Disconnecting the phone and reconnecting didn't work as well.

Anyone having a similar problem?

• 

16.9K Posts

October 10th, 2018 10:00

TheJabber,

Below is some information for you using mobile connect.

How to configure Dell Mobile Connect for Android 

Dell - Dell Mobile Connect (DMC)  

Notifications (Only on Android Device)

DMC can pull notifications which appear on the Android phone, such as social media, traffic or weather updates - to the PC screen in one of the following two ways:

• Notifications are displayed as a pop-up message in the upper right corner of the screen.
  • Notifications are also presented in the Notifications tab.

Key features:

• A mirrored phone screen with the associate app is activated when the notification is clicked.
  • The user can modify the size of the pop-up notifications via Settings
  • The user can control the privacy level of the notifications via Settings (private mode requires mouse hovering to reveal potentially personal information)

-

Dell - Dell Mobile Connect (DMC) 

Notifications

Problem
I do not see notifications.
Probable Cause
The user did not approve access to notifications.
Suggested Step

On Android Device: Go to Settings -> make sure that the DMC app is approved to export messages.

On iOS Device: Open Settings -> Bluetooth select the icon near your computer name and chose Show Notifications.

Problem
I do not see notifications.
Probable Cause
Notifications are muted on the DMC PC App settings.
Suggested Step
  1. Go to the DMC app Settings.
  2. Select Apps tab and make sure that notifications are not muted for the desired app

2 Posts

October 10th, 2018 11:00

Thing is, I am receiving notifications from apps. Only system notifications aren't showing.

So it's not a permissions problems.

And when looking at the app list in DMC settings, there isn't any option that fits. I even made sure all apps are unmuted, and still I'm not getting system notifications.

March 24th, 2021 21:00

I suggest you may try to reinstall the DMC app on your phone and connect again.

No Events found!