Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2018 19:00

Audio driver is not up to date, MaxxAudio Pro, Inspiron 7567

Hello guys I need some help.

So when I open the MaxxAudio Pro app (downloaded from the Microsoft store because I uninstalled It before) It shows a message that says "Audio driver is not up to date, please check for windows update." and I have my system up to date and I checked for updates too and nothing happened.

And my audio jack port Isn't working too, I plugged some headphones and nothing happens, the sounds is still coming out from the speakers but when I bought the laptop last year on the first months It showed the little prompt thats shows up when you plugged the headphones.

sorry if my english is not good

• 

16.9K Posts

July 11th, 2018 07:00

Blackenedsky,

Uninstall the Audio drivers you have installed. Click the link below to download the Audio and install it into Windows. To get the popup when you insert the headphones in the audio jack follow the steps below.

Open realtek, click the little folder on the top right hand side next to "Analog" and check the box that says "Enable Pop-UP

Inspiron 7567 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

July 11th, 2018 14:00

Thanks, that worked for the Maxx Pro app, and now my audio jack port is working again.

Now I have annother issue, lately I been listening a pop/cracking from the speakers (I don't know how to describe it) when any media is playing, It sounds on the headphones too and sometimes youtube's videos lags or "scratch" with that sound too, and It happens too when I plug the charger to the laptop

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 11th, 2018 16:00

Many folks have had problems with an optional driver called SmartByte.  If you are running that, then see if you have the latest driver installed.

If you have the latest driver and you still have the problem, uninstall the driver.  I never showed it installed on my system until I did it manually to confirm the problem, so not sure why these systems are being plagued by this software.

July 11th, 2018 17:00

Yeah I have that thing installed  called SmartByte Diagnostics/Drivers and services, It installed it self with the latest windows update, I read that's something that Microsoft is pushing into its system, I will uninstall them and see if it works

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 19:00

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, however on the XPS 13 9370. To fix, I downloaded the latest audio drivers manually from the Dell site after auto-detect of my PC, then I also used the .exe to open the app store and install Maxx Audio Pro (this seemed to leave two copies of Maxx on my PC??). Anyway, I did it to fix Maxx Audio Pro not recognizing other inputs, however now it REALLY doesn't recognize OR PLAY through anything except internal speakers. 

When opening MAP (new version) error is "Audio driver is not up to date, please check for windows update", which I have done.

Now MAP not able to do or recognize anything. THANKS for your help!

UPDATE: So I re-installed the two audio drivers for my system based on Dell Website, which brought back the original Maxx Audio Pro application, (so now there are two). Note that the new version still shows the same error but the original version DID WORK THE FIRST TIME I PLUGGED SPEAKERS IN, but NOT AFTER THAT. So basically, it gave me the option to select speakers, but once I closed the app and opened again, it was back to the same problem.

So, when I reinstall Realtek (A09) driver, it gives me one chance in MAP to set output device, HOWEVER, now I notice that even when I can change it (and the equalizer), it does NOT change the sound at all. It's like "enhancements" are disabled. Note that under SOUNDS in control panel I do NOT have option for "disable all enhancements" as this seems to be removed by these drivers? At this point, I'm totally confused and have tried everything, in various orders : )

Essentially, I still cannot select anything except internal speakers (even though I can in the popup, once I'm in it is still only showing internal speakers) and any 'enhancements' I make (like turning bass or equalizer on or off) make absolutely no difference. 

Also, the MAP version I downloaded from Microsoft store is the same as the version on my XPS 9570, while the 0370 version seems different, is this right? Now I have two on the 13" but the new one throws the error mentioned above.

Note also in Device Manager / Sounds I do not have "Realtek High Def Audio", only "Intel(R) Display Audio" and "Realtek Audio".

Jim Coats, any ideas mate??? THANKS !

UPDATE: installing older driver seems to have fixed things:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Still leaves questions and doubts ... Wish music could work like and sound like it did on my mac : (

si

1 Message

April 23rd, 2019 02:00

Search for this version of audio driver and download from dell site

Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_8WWJK_WIN_6.0.1.8142_A04

delete all waves files from program files& program files(X64) also delete waves folder inside realtalk folder

now install the above downloaded  file and restart at last, after restart it will  install remaining files and again ask for  restart click restart .

Now you need to go to sound icon on your lower side of PC and right click and click in sounds 

new window will appear > goto advanced> and on Exclusive mode check both lines and hit ok 

Now it works /Restart if not worked.

1 Message

December 19th, 2020 01:00

hello i have lenovo laptop

will waves maxxaudio pro work in this laptop??

when i installd waves maxxaudio pro it is saying audio driver is not up to date. pls and fx i beg u

No Events found!