Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

July 20th, 2019 19:00

100% cpu usage

my laptop was running well and everything is fine and games working well (dell inspiron 5567 i7 processor)

but suddenly somehow my cpus starts hitting 100% usage while playing same games that was working well before!...it hits for few minutes then go down then go up again..i dont understand whats going on really..when i open task manager i see only the game working or taking most of the cpu usage but that shouldnt be happening everything was okay...so please i'll be happy to listen for solutions 

10 Posts

July 25th, 2019 04:00

Hello,

Try to stop MsMpEng.exe

It will take just one min and may help u:

1. Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Virus & Threat Protection Settings.
  2. Add or Remove Exclusions.
  3. Add an Exclusion > Process.
  4. Add MsMpEng.exe 

July 28th, 2019 16:00

sadly,it didnt help me 

Fifa 19 720p lowest settingsFifa 19 720p lowest settings

1 Message

January 22nd, 2020 14:00

This is what fixed mine.  First off, my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15-5578 2 in 1.  I saw issues with CPU going to 100% and staying there but only when charging.

Keep your laptop plugged in and Ctrl + ALT + Del and start Task Manager (just to monitor the CPU)

Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings (or type in Edit Power Settings in the search window)

Click on Change advanced power settings hyperlink

Set the plan to Dell [Active] at the top

Click the Restore plan defaults button at the bottom of the screen

Immediately after doing that, my fan kicked off and the CPU dropped to 7%

That did it for me!  Good luck.

April 29th, 2020 15:00

help me plz this happened me but i dont have the options for set dell active energy plan . how i can install again

1 Message

March 13th, 2021 02:00

Holy moly thank you so much. I have the exact same laptop which i bought new and i havent been able to use it practically this whole time. Now i can actually use what my money paid for!!! Thank you so very much.

2 Posts

April 9th, 2021 20:00

Ditto - same 5567, i7 7th gen processor , 16GB RAM, but always CPU is more than 50% and while starting it is 100%. Running on more RAM is accepted, unable to digest, system idle state, System, McAfee Cloud AV and all system related on top , using the high cpu and I permanently hear fan noise to cool down. this is consuming more battery and drying fast. Its been a year, no solution from DELL or Windows for that. Either one or both together are the culprit. Need some solution. Please someone provide some solution.

thanks in advance

2 Posts

April 9th, 2021 20:00

thanks. but sadly did not help this in my case. Even after this setting change, not change in CPU% usage. It raises from 54% to 100% . most of the top 5 are mcafee cluod av, system, desktop window manager, service host system main... etc. I feel, MaAfee is the number one or third culprit along with Dell and  Windows.

please someone help me to suggest some settings  to get some relief.

thanks

GP

1 Message

August 2nd, 2021 18:00

This worked great for my CPU but my Disk is still at 100% even though I only have this browser open and nothing else. I am up to date on all drivers and updates. Do you know how to fix this? Thank you.

December 18th, 2021 23:00

I agree with GeePrak, this causes a lag in my usage. It makes me get angry and lose control.

1 Message

February 12th, 2022 11:00

yeah i also have the same problem with my i7 7th gen. i think it might have to do with cpu over heating
i havnt tried it yet but maybe getting some thermal paste and cleaning ur fans might help
im going to try that too because nothing else helps. if not you might just have to reset your laptop entirely

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

July 11th, 2024 08:34

1. Please try to checkup in the startup menu to see if any un-necessary software is enabled at startup , which can gain the performance as well.
  2. Also try to remove the temporary files using command prompt which is del /f /s /q %temp%

Hope this helps!

No Events found!