Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 7th, 2021 13:00

one of your disks is at risk - SMART event

I have a new Inspiron 3891, and am getting hundreds of notifications a day saying the 'one of my disks is at risk (SMART event), with a link to the OPTANE management app.  When I open the app, it tells me that "your system is not OPTANE ready", and "no valid disk pairs".   Also when I look at the windows event log associated with those notifications, I get the message "Disk is starting to degrade -- new SMART event.  PM991A-NVMe Samsung 512GB.  So, is this really a hardware problem with the disk (covered under warranty) ? or is is a software problem with OPTANE?

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

October 7th, 2021 15:00

If you are getting that warning on the Samsung drive then the drive is having problems. Since the system is new I would suggest calling Dell tech support as the drive may need to be replaced.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 7th, 2021 21:00

@jody123 

Please press the blue Accept as Solution button below if this post answers your question.

Send Private Message to @DELL-Cares  with your service tag.  Do not post that information here.

SSD's have a limited number of writes. If not optimized they can literally be written to death in a very short time.  Not weeks or months but days or hours.

1 Message

November 24th, 2021 23:00

did you get any solution for your given problem..??

2 Posts

October 7th, 2021 16:00

Can you tell me who I need to talk to at Dell to get that done.   I’ve had no luck getting any help from the support desk.  In fact they just hung up on me today when I called for help.   

7 Technologist

• 

12.2K Posts

October 7th, 2021 18:00

I would suggest reposting this in the Customer Care forum here. There are moderators there that can help direct your concerns to the correct department.

No Events found!