Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

September 25th, 2005 04:00

senfilt.sys bsod

Occasionally I get a bsod after trying to run a game like ultimate spider-man. The Error mentions something about senfilt.sys which as far as i can tell is an audio driver. It seems like a number of times my games crash due to audio driver related problems. Is there any way to fix this or will there by any audio driver updates?? I am using a Dimension 4700

Message Edited by ryeyoo on 09-25-2005 12:14 PM

Message Edited by ryeyoo on 09-25-2005 12:15 PM

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 25th, 2005 09:00

I did a search, on google, for "sensfilt.sys" and didn't come up with anything.  Are you sure that is the exact fille name?  Usually, google will find something about files. 

Many games require Direct X.  Go to Start/Run and enter dxdiag  then click OK.  It will bring up the Direct X diagnostics.  It will list what version you have (I think 9c is the current version).  If you don't have 9c you can download it from Microsoft.  You can run the direct x diagnostics and see if your sound card passes those tests.

You should also check the gaming section of the forum, as that is a section for gamining problems.

21 Posts

September 25th, 2005 16:00

Yup, sorry I did misspell it, its actually senfilt.sys but don't bother googling it. I am very familiar with pcs and gaming so I looked over the more apparent stuff already like directx etc.. Other directx 9 games will usually run fine on my pc (except one or two that crash once in a while always with an audio related error as I mentioned before). I will go take a look at the gaming forum though, thanks.
No Events found!