Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2010 06:00

Graphic card for slim tower Inspiron 545s

Recently I purchased slim tower Desktop Inspiron 545s with integrated graphic card. However, I am unable to run game software gta 4 and spider man3. These software call for graphic card like ATI radeon and NVIDIA geforce. Can you suggest equivalent graphic card for above slim tower desktop?

Nihar123 thanking you

1.7K Posts

February 18th, 2010 07:00

Due to having the slimline case, only low profile video cards will fit.  This one HERE is probably the best card you can get for that system.  It already comes with the low profile bracket so you don't have to make any changes. 

10 Posts

February 18th, 2010 08:00

Thank tou veryyyyyyyyy much

But is this card compactable with gta 4 & spider man 3

Especially with gta 4

270 Posts

February 18th, 2010 10:00

yes ... it should run about any modern game well on medium settings :)

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 18th, 2010 19:00

The nVidia GTS 250 is available in low profile. You would likely need to upgrade your power supply, as well; 400-watt TFX units are available on eBay.

10 Posts

February 20th, 2010 01:00

But can 

SAPPHIRE 100253HDMI Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Low Profile Ready Video Card

Be fit in my  slim case inspiron 545s and run gta 4

i am worried about it

it seemes to be a bit big to me on the net photo.

Pls help

3.7K Posts

February 20th, 2010 01:00

But can 

SAPPHIRE 100253HDMI Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Low Profile Ready Video Card

Be fit in my  slim case inspiron 545s and run gta 4

i am worried about it

it seemes to be a bit big to me on the net photo.

Pls help

Hi, That card will fit and run those games. You should get an low profile bracket with the card, if it is not already fitted.

10 Posts

February 20th, 2010 06:00

WHAT IS A LOW PROFILE BRACKET??

AND ONE MORE ?

WILL THIS CARD BE COMPACTABLE WITH My CONFIG

WINDOWS 7 home premium 64-BIT 2 GB RAM 256 MB INTEL ON BOARD CARD 2.93 GHz  Intel core to duo

and what is this graphic cards pixel shrader version.I want 3.0 

and what about nVidia GTS 250 card is that cheap and good for my slim case and games

the same 

pls help

90 Posts

February 20th, 2010 10:00

A low profile bracket is designed to fit into slimline cases, such as yours.  The previously recommended RAdeon HD-4650 card is a fairly compact card that should fit in your system, given that it has a low profile bracket.  It also should function fine with your current power supply.  The GTS 250 will be more expensive, and require an upgrade to your power supply.  Upgrading power supplies in slimline cases is more difficult (and expensive) than upgrading power supplies in conventional mid tower and full tower cases, which routinely accept all standard ATx power supplies.  I also don't know for sure if any of the GTS 250 cards will fit in your case since they are normally a bit larger and longer than the HD-4650 cards.  The GTS 250 will significantly outperform the HD-4650 in games, but it requires more power and room to do so.  That is why the slimline cases are not usually recommended for gaming systems.

3.7K Posts

February 22nd, 2010 06:00

and what about nVidia GTS 250 card is that cheap and good for my slim case and games

Hi, That will require at least 450w PSU, see HERE, also you wont get an ATX type PSU into those systems.

and what is this graphic cards pixel shrader version.I want 3.0 

The 4650 has an pixel shader off 4.1, see HERE.

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600 Series Specs 

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600 Series Product Features

• 514 million transistors on 55nm fabrication process
  • Unified Superscalar Shader Architecture
  • Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support
  • OpenGL 2.0 support
  • GDDR3/DDR3/DDR2 memory interface (depending on model)
  • PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface
  • 320 stream processing units
  • 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
  • Dual mode ATI CrossFireX™ multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
  • Dynamic geometry acceleration
  • ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology1
    • Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2) for Blu-ray™ and HD Video
    • DVD Upscaling
    • Dynamic Contrast
    • Built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
    • DisplayPort™ with audio

Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support

• Shader Model 4.1

10 Posts

March 18th, 2010 09:00

i went to buy the graphics card but the guy told that my inspiron 545s has not that good cooling system which is necessary for a graphics card.He just not recommended me to install one.

please tell me some tip you know that i want to play games like gta 4 and spider man 3

please help

and one more question

Somebody once said: Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

what does that mean and is there any relation of it with this topic

If you know than pls tell me that things meaning.

3.7K Posts

March 18th, 2010 09:00

Hi nihar123, We have heard no problems from people about cooling,  running that card in an slimline cases. The last time I checked, Dell were selling that card them selfs. As for your games, I can play GTA4 with the card that I have, with no problems

Somebody once said: Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

That is part of my signature, and is not part of the answer.

December 26th, 2012 23:00

I also have inspiron 545s slim . Will a zotac gt 630 2gb synergy edition fit in my case? Please reply me soon.Thank You!

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

December 27th, 2012 01:00

This one should: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

However, this is reputedly the best gaming card available in low profile (in North America): www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

December 27th, 2012 05:00

And will this fit in my case www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

December 27th, 2012 05:00

Do newegg.com ship to india

No Events found!