Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2017 09:00

The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display

I have had a problem loading a game on the Steam application. This has only started happening today. I am getting a 'message  Dell E1708. The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display./ please change your input timing to 1280*1024@60HZ. or any other monitor listed timings as per the monitor specifications'

I have ensured that these timings have been set up in settings on my pc but is still happening. This exact same thing happened with the origin game platform but after I uninstalled  and reinstalled origin it was fine but the Steam game is still saying the same .

I have a Dell Optiplex 745 that is running on Windows 10.

Please advise if .

Thanks

Matt

590 Posts

November 11th, 2017 17:00

I'd probably try setting your monitor to it's native resolution and refresh rate of 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz.  

On Windows 10 right-click on desktop, "Display settings", select "Display" on left-hand side if it isn't already, change resolution to 1280 x 1024 if it isn't already.  Then go to "Display adapter properties" at bottom, "Monitor" tab, change "Screen refresh rate" to 75 Hertz, click "OK".

590 Posts

November 12th, 2017 14:00

If the above doesn't resolve it, I'd try another video cable between PC and monitor - try borrowing one first to see if it resolves the issue.  Shorter and higher quality cable the better.  Intermittent limited cable bandwidth can cause issues like you're having.  May or may not be the cause in your case.

No Events found!