Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2004 22:00

Problems installing HP printer...

Just bought an HP photosmart 7350 printer and have had all kinds of problems trying to get it work and communicate with my PC (Dell Demension 2400).  It's like there is no commuitaction between the two.  Could my USB port be bad, would a virus prevent it from working properly?  I've tried everything on the troubleshoot but still no luck.  Running off of Windows XP Home.. Any advice.  Also have spent about 4 hours with HP on the phone as well and still couldn't get it work. 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 5th, 2004 10:00

Uninstall the USB in the Windows Device Manager and then restart Windows and the USB will be redetected and installed (refreshed).  This, many times, fixes USB not working problems.

Finally, the software/drivers for the printer (actually any printer or scanner) must be installed FIRST and the printer only physically connected to the PC when the installation program tells you.  If you connect the priner first, the installation will fail. 

There are USB ports on the front and rear (on most Dells), if you have tried a rear panel port, try the front panel port.  and finally, try a different USB cable, in case the one you have is defective.

553 Posts

December 5th, 2004 12:00

Just a thought  -  try another cable.

1 Message

May 13th, 2005 15:00

Trying install HP photosmart 7350 printer:
Have had all kinds of problems trying to get it work and communicate with my PC, Dell Dimension 8300  It's like there is no conmunication between the two.  Could my USB port be bad??, would a virus prevent it from working properly?  I've tried everything on the troubleshoot but still no luck.  I have done all service packs and updates to XP. I tried to upgrade the chipset but it said I allready have newest installed. I think I have done all updates that I can.

There is a couple of problems when installing the printer drivers. When I insert teh CD and go that route. It installs to a certain point and says it can't findsome files which are on the CD. I have d-loaded the software from HP website and it does same thing.

If I uninstall everything and and do plug-in-play It detects and tries to install but gives me an error saying that install was aborted and 'access denied' or 'permission denied' , 'printer not responding', make sure the usb cable is connetcted or something like that.  also like I don't have permision to install.

Running off of Windows XP Home...    Any advice Please  I spent 2 hours first time on phone with HP tech support. Guy was knowledgable but  couldn't get it to work. and second time I'd have spent about 4 hours with HP on the phone as well and still couldn't get it work.

Now here is the kicker......  the printer does work and the USB cable is good. How I know this? I installed it on my home built computer running Win XP Prof and it works just fine.

Any ideas?

Csrsotomayor

No Events found!