Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2018 21:00

Alienware 17 Can't make OC profile in Command Center Fusion

I have a new Alienware 17 R5 when I open Command Center and go to the Fusion tab I don't have an option to create an overclock profile.

alienware_17_R5_command_center_fusion_01.PNG

Is there something I'm missing? I've looked up the help guide and I don't see the button it mentions.
alienware_17_R5_command_center_fusion_02.PNG

54 Posts

July 5th, 2018 06:00

you can set your cpu in bios *performance mode*

1 Message

June 21st, 2018 05:00

Exact same issue. I had it in a previous version of CC though.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 21st, 2018 11:00

Hi 
@evanr11,

Make sure the BIOS and the Command Center version are up to date. 

22 Posts

June 23rd, 2018 12:00

I reinstalled all of the Alienware Command Center and updated the BIOS, still no option to over clock.

How do I determine what the version of Command Center I'm running?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 26th, 2018 08:00

Please reply with your CPU model. 

22 Posts

June 30th, 2018 13:00

I have the Intel Core i7 8750H 

Also, I have a driver that keeps installing wrong:

Screenshot 2018-06-30 15.28.05.png

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 2nd, 2018 12:00

Unfortunately this feature is not available for that processor and model. The processor will work @ Turbo Boost speed when needed automatically.

You can still try overclocking further, using 3rd party tools.

22 Posts

November 27th, 2018 16:00

i have the same thing mine said overclocking turned off due to unexpected shut down thats the first time i had even opend comand center and it just says over clocking is turned off ..after lots of hastel reinstall all updated bios turned over clock option ..in advanced back on still nothing my card is the gtx 1060 so should i be able to over clock this ..had to delete visula +++ to reinstall occ as kept saying already installed any help on this would be great ..also if it is the case that it cant be overclocked would it not just be a lot easier to let people with a option

22 Posts

November 27th, 2018 21:00

What exactly does this do, when you set the 8750h to "Performance" mode in the Bios? Thanks for any help... BTW...I really like this laptop...!

EDIT...After reading some other threads it looks like one can get a little extra CPU power from the Performance mode; up to 4.1 Ghz.  Maybe... yes...?

I too received the message "Overclocking has been turned off due to an unexpected restart,"  just a day or two after owning it (17R5).  I never worried too much as this is not an "hk" processor, and this 8750h turbo boosts to at least 3.9 as I have observed.   

8 Posts

November 30th, 2018 09:00

i dont know what the performance mode do on newer BIOS Version, but i can tell, what it does on the first Bios. It will remove the Power lock, what is set at 45w for your CPU and set it to 110w or so. So your cpu will hold higher Clocks depending on the CPU temp itself. Also in Performance Mode your Fans will not go off, they stay at low speed and kick in faster.

22 Posts

November 30th, 2018 17:00

@Raskasar wrote:
i dont know what the performance mode do on newer BIOS Version, but i can tell, what it does on the first Bios. It will remove the Power lock, what is set at 45w for your CPU and set it to 110w or so. So your cpu will hold higher Clocks depending on the CPU temp itself. Also in Performance Mode your Fans will not go off, they stay at low speed and kick in faster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks; I have BIOS 1.5.0, with a date of Aug.10th, 2018. 

I may have to do some experimenting of my own.  The FAN performance mode in the BIOS is tied to the fan profile setting in the AW Command Center from what I can tell. Multiple settings; Balanced, Performance, Quiet, or Maximum.

Things have changed since the R4 because in the 17R4 the Fan Performance setting in the BIOS just set the CPU fan speed to high (AFAIK).

Still sorting this all out, thanks for any input... 

1 Message

July 14th, 2022 14:00

I have an Alienware m17 r3 with an intel i9 10980hk and I am unable to overclock anymore. Ive reinstalled windows. reinstalled AWCC and all its addons, reinstalled drivers. Yet the option to overclock via AWCC is still missing. It used to be available. Is anyone able to advise me on how to solve this issue. 

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

November 10th, 2022 19:00

Ahh but AWCC for GPU OC controls. some of us have the overclocked gpu but not cpu, so AWCC is still needed and dead since windows 11 update

No Events found!