Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2015 14:00

Where are the Dim Lighting Zones options on the Alienware 17 R2 2015?

Hello,

Maybe a dumy question but where can I found the option to change the backlight intensity?
In the help section it says the I have to right click on the AlienFX logo but I don't have it, I just have the Alienware Command Center and I can only change colors in the AlienFX Tab but not the intensity...

The backlight of the keybord and trackpad is lower than before on my laptop (don't know why) and I don't know how to return to the first configuration.

Thanks!

2 Posts

May 8th, 2015 16:00

Thanks for your reply.
In fact I do not have the little alien head icon in the Windows taskbar.

I found the solution, I have to launch AlienwareAlienFXEditor.exe manually and the alien icon apears. I have to launch it everytime I restart my laptop... but it works well.

Thanks again.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2015 16:00

In the right corner of the Windows taskbar, you may have a little alien head icon. If you right click on that icon, you should see some options there. One of the options is "Dim Lighting Zones". Try clicking on that option to see what happens. We have a Dell article that explains different settings that you can check when there are problems with the AlienFX lights. Click here<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>to view the article. 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 11th, 2015 11:00

Thank you for confirming that. Perhaps you can check in "MSCOFING" under the "Startup" section to see if it might be disabled from booting at start, if it is just enable it to start with Windows and save the changes.That way you wont always have to enable it manually. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

May 11th, 2016 08:00

Hi, I am having the same problem, I tried all the recommendations in this topic, I even reinstalled Command Center, but the lights are still off, what might be the issue?

No Events found!