Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2016 10:00

How do I fix this problem (Beeping and black screen on startup)

For the past 3 months, every time I shutdown my alienware M17x and I open it or I restart it , it just keeps beeping and it displays a black screen, its just a contineous beep, it never ends and then I shut it down and open  it a couple of times until eventually it opens as of nothing happens but if it closes or restarts or shuts down again it does the same thing over and over again and I'm tired of it . I know there had to be something wrong with the internals but I just don't know what I think it might be ram but I'm not sure please help!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 15th, 2016 12:00

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let us know if you receive any errors. 

4 Posts

June 16th, 2016 07:00

My screen is black it does not display anything nor does it boot up and it just keeps beeping I cannot run any test or even enter the bios

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 16th, 2016 20:00

Please send me a PM with your Service Tag.

1 Message

June 16th, 2016 21:00

For the past few weeks I have been avoiding my Alienware X51 R2,  because after i start the system all i see is the alien ware logo and the rotating dots beneath it...nothing happens afterward.  Help!

4 Posts

June 17th, 2016 05:00

I took it to the shop and they told me that the video card is either fried or it's the bios because it just does one beep. If it were the bios how would I be able to fix it? Bootable bios or buy a chip for it? Or what do you suggest.

4 Posts

June 17th, 2016 05:00

U took it to the shop band they told me that the video card is either fried or it's the bios because it just does one beep. If it were the bios how would I be able to fix it? Bootable bios or buy a chip for it? Or what do you suggest.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

June 17th, 2016 18:00

If is just one beep, the problem will be the motherboard.

No Events found!