Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 1st, 2013 08:00

AURORA R4 CPU FAN FAILURE

Hi,

My Alienware Aurora R4 was received at home on décember 6, 2012

Worked fine until February 24, 2013, where the "Alert ! CPU Fan failure ... Strike F1 to continue F2 to run Setup utility"  happened for the first time at boot.

I hit F1 and the PC ran withour any problem, no special noise, quiet as usual.

Next days were fine, until March 29, where this happened again. Same on march 30 and today also april 1.

I checked eveything I could with Alien autopsy

What should I do to solve this problem ? This is quiet ennoying, and I am scared to hit the Poweron button each morning now.

I am not a gamer, I bought this PC because I make a lot of pictures editing and Videos.

Excuse my English, but I am french and lives in France.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michelle

10 Posts

April 1st, 2013 11:00

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will try to call them tomorrow.

I will let you know the results.

Regards,

Michelle

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 1st, 2013 10:00

You should give phone support a call. Sounds like your one of your fans or MIO-Board (fan controller) is going out.

They can also help you Diagnose with ePSA Test (outside of Windows).

10 Posts

June 19th, 2013 08:00

Hello,

My problem is still not solved, but now the PC is not operational anymore.

A technician came home yesterday morning and replaced the "Processor cooling assembly unit",  which did not solve the problem.

Dell decided that this might be a system-board failure ...

Another technician came this morning with a new mother-board and also a small board "Alienware MS-4194 Aurora FX Master Control Board "

The system-board was DOA !!!............

The technician put back the old system-board and the problem is still there, in addition the ePSA test shows that "some thermal sensors are out of range" with a CPU temperature of 104 °C !!! ...

They are supposed to come back tomorrow with another System-board and also an additional small car, but I do not know what it is.

What else can be replaced in my PC ?

I am really angry now, and quite suspicious about the integrity of this PC after all that.

Did other people encountered as many problems withe their Aurora R4 ?

regards,

Michelle 

June 19th, 2013 10:00

Hi Michelle,

There's a 90% chance that the liquid cooling assembly was not installed properly, that's why you're getting that ePSA error. When the technician arrives your house, make sure the technician watches this video related to the installation of the liquid cooling assembly.

10 Posts

June 21st, 2013 08:00

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the video It is exactly what the  technician did.

A third technician came yesterday with another Mother-board and also a new Top Lighting board.

He put the new mother-board, and same problem as the day before :

The system-board seems to be  DOA !!!............ Hard to believe that 2 new mother-boards seems DOA !!

Same problem, no way to start the PC and access to F12 or F2 or anything else.

So, he put back the initial system-board, and this one gives at least access to the functions and ePSA

The fan seems to behave normally, but the problem is still there, and the ePSA test shows that "some thermal sensors are out of range" with a CPU temperature of 104 °C !!! ...

After a while the temperature raises up and the PC stops.

The guy called Dell, nobody understand what's going on, and decided that it needs to go back to factory.

Now I wait for somebody to pick-up the PC for repair.

It a big frustration, for me, and I am really mad.

Regards,

Michelle

10 Posts

June 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi,

In addition to my previous post : I think that the 2 Motherboards which seemed DOA were in fact not the right Mainboard for my Aurora, this is the only common sense explanation.

Anyway now, I have to wait as the process of return back to factory is supposed to be launched, I have no way to reach anybody now, it is too late aned they are all away for the week-end !

10 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi,

My AURORA R4 was taken out to TechServices for repair.

It comes back yesterday and everything seems to work fine and quietly.

They replaced the CPU Fan and the Liquid Cooling Assembly power unit.

They checked all the cables and connexions.

I am glad to have it back now in good workig condition.

July 2nd, 2013 22:00

That's great Michelle, thanks for the update!

10 Posts

March 13th, 2014 04:00

Hi, They replaced the CPU Fan and the Liquid Cooling Assembly power unit. It looks a little bit different from the original one, I do not know what is the part # . All what I know is that everything is OK since then and I am very happy with my Aurora now Regards, Michelle

4 Posts

March 13th, 2014 04:00

So what kind of system did they replace it with.

4 Posts

March 13th, 2014 06:00

Oh ok. Yes I'm thinking bout replacing mine since the original ones seem to be design to fail from what I've been reading. Pressing f1 is gettin old
No Events found!