Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2022 19:00

Screen colors look washed out whenever laptop boots up or wakes from sleep on battery

Hi there.

I just bought a new Dell XPS 15 9520 running windows 11. I have this issue where the screen colors look washed out whenever the computer boots up or wakes from sleep on battery. As soon as I open an application the colors automatically restore to what I have set them at in Dell Premium Color and Intel Graphics Command Centre. The issue doesn’t happen when the laptop is plugged in.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue when I am on battery and how I might fix?

Many thanks.

2 Posts

May 30th, 2022 14:00

Update: Dell worked with me to find a solution. The issue was in the Intel Graphics Command Centre power -> System ->Power. The color distortion went away after reducing the energy efficiency settings.  

• 

25.7K Posts

May 28th, 2022 19:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

August 10th, 2022 07:00

The most common cause of this problem is corrupt display drivers. 

Therefore, we suggest you update your display driver and see if it helps. There are multiple ways to update drivers including display drivers too.Fix your problem.

1. Close all open programs.
  2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  3. In the Control Panel window, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
  4. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab.
  5. Click to select the color depth you want from the drop-down menu under Colors.
  6. Click Apply and then click OK.

August 11th, 2022 04:00

My suggestion is right.

No Events found!