Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2004 15:00

"Insufficiant Disk Space" Error using Poser

When trying to render a large image in Poser4 Propack (3895 x 2091 @ 72dpi) I Get an error message that says "Insufficient Disk Space". I have tried to render the image at varying sizes and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have tried 72dpi and 300dpi and get the same inconsistent results.

I currently have 50+ gigs free on my Boot drive and 20+ gigs on my
Secondary drive. I have a P4 at 2Ghz, with 2Gig of Ram. Running Windows 2000.

Following Tech support (Curious Labs) recommendations I have looked at my "Virtual Memory" and it is currently set at Minimum 2Gig, Max 4Gig. Changing this hasn't made a bit of difference.

I went ahead and pulled up the "Task Manager", to look at the Performance specs as it rendered the image. What I found was that the CPU is reaching 100% usage and Memory Usage never changes, then it gives me the "Insufficient Disk Space" error. Once I exit the error message than my CPU usage goes back down to 0%.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Could it be the extra plug-ins I have installed into Poser4 ProPack (DAZ objects)? Could it be an issue with my Graphic Card Memory? Shouldn't the computer utilize the Memory in combination with the CPU when rendering?

HELP would be more than appreciated from you Poser users on Dell Computers!

MJOBE

2.6K Posts

This sounds enitrely like a problem with Poser (neat app, BTW)....Your graphics memory has no effect.

55 Posts

How big is the file? Ur Hdd is Fat32 or Ntsf?

The point is that Fat32 has Problem with big files?

2 Posts

April 8th, 2004 17:00

Thanks everbody for the help!!! And fast too!!!

I am running FAT32, I will need to reformat HD to get NTSF.
However, you say greater than 8 GIG file is a problem. These files seem to be rendering to a 5MB .jpg, and 50MB .tif. But with Poser it is rendering to screen, instead of saving the render to a file. So I'm not sure how big the render is, just the files size after I save as/export. I wouldn't think that the render is exceeding my 6Gig of available memory.(2 Gig Ram, 4 Gig virtual)

So I will limp by until I can straighten things out, I guess.

Thank you all very much!!!
MJOBE

2.6K Posts

April 8th, 2004 17:00

Yes, FAT32 has a problem with files > than like 8 GB, but a image render that size wont be 8GB

4.4K Posts

April 9th, 2004 01:00

I am running FAT32, I will need to reformat HD to get NTSF.

Fortunately, you don't need to format to convert FAT32 to NTFS. The "convert" utility will do that in place.

Jim

19 Posts

April 9th, 2004 07:00

Which version of 4 are you running?  If version 4.0.3, then try using the poser pro pack memory updater:  makes adjustments for users who run with more than 1 GB total memory (RAM + Virtual memory).

Download located on this page:

http://www.curiouslabs.com/go/downloads

No Events found!