RAM 1G.B. DDR 533MHZ-2x512M.B.
Hard Drive 250G.B. 7200RPM
Graphics ATI 128M.B.HYPER Mem PCIE X16 X300SE.DIM
19" FP
Intergrated Audio
Logitech G15 Keyboard
DVD-/+RW & DVD-ROM
Dell 944 AIO Printer

I just recieved my new Dell recently ,my kids are using it as long as they ask me first ,because I gave them my previous system ,which I installed alot of upgrads and is still a good system ! They are only 11 and 9 years old ! I was poking around in Windows Explorer and I found this folder the first one listed ABBYY FineReader6.0Sprint I have no idea what it is ,Iam trying to go thru the system and delete alot of the preloaded bloatware that comes with most name brand PC's .This folder however was created after I had the system turned on a week or so and Iam not sure if it was downloaded as part of one of the demos that are preloaded ,games etc ? Anyone thats familar with this application and can tell what its connected to on the system ,and if its OK to delete it I would greatly apppreciate the help ! I did a google search however the results where confusing and did not see anything that looked familar as far as other software installed on the PC ?
                                                                      Thanks in Advance , Gumba Nick

2.4K Posts

September 5th, 2006 15:00

570 Posts

September 5th, 2006 16:00

According to this site, Abby FineReader Sprint is a document conversion program that is bundled with scanners or multifunctional devices, and has basic Optical Character Recognition(OCR) functionality (converts scanned documents to editable text).

373 Posts

September 5th, 2006 17:00

Hi Sparkenh,
     Now I know where this came from ,I installed my All in One Printer 944 a Dell Printer Scanner & copier ! Thanks for the info ,well I guess I will leave that folder alone !
                                    Thanks Again ,Gumba Nick
No Events found!