Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

IN

November 11th, 2003 05:00

Transparent gifs

I have a dimension 350. Windows 98, and Photoshop 5.5 (with imageready 2.0 for making animated gifs). Although I go through the proceedure to make them with transparant backgrounds, they don`t come out that way when posted in the Dell forum,...unless someone else converts them for me to transparant gifs. A reinstallation of photoshop has not solved this problem. It`s fuuny though, cause even some gifs I have made previous to this fault occurring, and stored on a zip disc, are also now showing up as non-transparent. Why is this???

November 11th, 2003 12:00

Transparency Editor is a plugin for PhotoShop. They sell it alone or at least see if the demo works to eliminate some of the possible causes. In the past I noticed a similar thing if I did not send it through Animation Shop's Optimizer first before "Save As". May have something to do with being a so called "true gif".

In the interim of solving your problem, www.gifworks.com tools should work for you.

ghb

November 11th, 2003 14:00

...they SELL it huh???? Ya mean this $700 worth of software that isn`t functioning as it should needs a plug-in that I have to pay for??? Sheesh! Think I`ll mail them back there software disc and tell them where to plug it in!!!

Thanks for the tip though GHB. See ya back in SP. ;^)
No Events found!