Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 23rd, 2004 15:00

Sending photo attachments

Tried Dell, A.T&T. and all other suggested solutions, still cannot send email with more than one photo attachment. The flag waves, and keeps waving, consequently dosn't go through or get sent to box for re-sending etc.,  Choices for scanning photos are Jpg, PNG, & Dell picture studio, thought at first one of these was causing problem, cos' PNG ones seemed less likely to go through, re-arranged into different folders still have problem, HELP?

426 Posts

March 23rd, 2004 15:00

It's likely that the total size of the email is the problem as there are usually limits on the maximum size.  Check with you ISP to determine the size limitation.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 23rd, 2004 16:00

Before mailing a jpg file, you need to reduce the size with your picture editing program. The normal size of a jpg file (or any picture format) is too big for email. You can resize to 15-20% of original and that will be fine for viewing in email.

6 Posts

March 23rd, 2004 17:00

Hi Mary: Thanks for responding again.The dell picture studio dosn't allow me to crop/reduce etc., because of program expireing, however guess I'm not computer savvy cos, I don't know how to get into the picture sizing, actually am afraid I might end up losing photos etc., I spent ages moving stuff around thinking it was the images that weren't in a file that cxaused the problem, but will try and find the way to reduce size, would say typical 3"x5" be fine, frankly think some of them are larger than that, so thanks for the info. Carole

4.4K Posts

March 23rd, 2004 22:00

From Windows XP Help and Support:

Sending a photo in e-mail

Windows provides a special feature for sending photos or pictures in e-mail. By providing the opportunity for you to reduce the file size of your photo at the time you send it, Windows solves the problem of a large file attachment never reaching its destination. In addition to reducing file size, this feature also changes the dimensions of the image so that it fits better on a computer screen.

You can change the settings to specify the size of the image. You can make the size of the image smaller, but you cannot make a small image larger. If your picture is bigger than the largest size indicated in the dialog box, and you do not want Windows to reduce the size of the image, choose to keep the original size. Making changes to the settings for sending a photo in e-mail does not alter the original picture. For more information, click Related Topics.

If you have many pictures to share with others, you can publish them to the Web instead of sending them in e-mail. For more information, click Related Topics.

You can order reprints of your pictures over the Web. This process allows you to send printed photographs to others. For more information, click Related Topics.

Related topic:

To send a photo in e-mail
Open My Pictures, and then open the folder containing the photo you want to send in e-mail.
Click the photo you want to send.
Under File and Folder Tasks, click E-mail this file.
In the Send Pictures via E-mail dialog box, click Make all my pictures smaller.
Windows makes a smaller photo file and attaches it to an e-mail message that displays a default subject and text message.

In the To box, type the e-mail address of the person to receive the picture, change the subject and message text if you want, and then click Send.
 Notes

To open My Pictures, double-click the My Documents icon on your desktop, and then double-click the My Pictures folder.
Use this procedure for photos of file size greater than 64 kilobytes (KB). To check the file size of your photo, right-click the file, click Properties, and look at Size.
To send the photo without reducing the size of the file, click Keep the original sizes.
To change the settings for the size of the image, click Show more options.
If you have many pictures to share with others, you can publish them to the Web instead of sending them in e-mail. For more information, click Related Topics.

PS. If you are not showing tasks, or the picture is in some other folder, right click on the picture in Windows Explorer, click send to, then email recipient and the box to reduce the size opens, click reduce size, and the e mail message opens with the reduced size pic attached.

Message Edited by JRosenfeld on 03-24-2004 12:33 AM

6 Posts

March 25th, 2004 17:00

Hope this reply gets to you, J Rosenfeld, you wrote such a good reply and I wanted you to personally know how much I appreciated it. Thanks. Cshell
No Events found!