Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 9th, 2010 10:00

Script Errors when trying to install software in Windows 7

Hi, I hope someone can please help me with this problem I am having trying to install software on my computer.

I was having a problem installing Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X3 and thought it was just PSP, but when I tried to update my logitech software I got the same script errors, so I am thinking it might be a windows 7 problem?

I get these two script errors when I try to install:

An error has occurred on this page
Line: 138
Char: 2
Error: Library not registered
Code: 0
Url: file:///c:/users/sanna/appdata/local/corel/corel%20Paintshop%20Photo%20Pro%20x3_/Lang/EN/Custom/js/Progress.js
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Whether I click yes or no, I get another script error:
An error has occurred on this page
Line: 179
Char: 5
Error: Library not registered
Code: 0
Url: file:///c:/users/sanna/appdata/local/corel/corel%20Paintshop%20Photo%20Pro%20x3_/Lang/EN/Custom/js/tabs.js
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Then, no other option other than to cancel the installation.
I don't understand why this is happening and I am hoping someone can help me, please.

I thought it was the installation download and so did Corel so they had me clean my computer and redownload it, getting the same script errors when trying to install it. Then today I tried to update my logitech software and it happened with it also. But instead of just 2 error messages, they wouldn't stop popping up. I had to go to ctrl-alt-del in order to get out of it.

Please can someone help me resolve this problem?

Thank you,

Sandy

• 

16.9K Posts

November 10th, 2010 08:00

sannajeannine,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Go into Internet Options in the contorl panel or open up IE and go to tools/internet options. and click on the advanced tab. Scroll down until you see a box next to Disable Script Debugging. Put a checkmark in the box and appy the settings. In IE 8 there are 2 of these boxes. One to disable script debugging in IE and another one for Other. Check them both.

November 10th, 2010 10:00

I did what you said, and I am still getting the same script errors.  Is there another solution, please?

• 

16.9K Posts

November 10th, 2010 11:00

sannajeannine,

After looking closer at the script error it appears to be associated with the paintshop software. The resolution is to uninstall and reinstall the program. Click the link below.

Paintshop Script Error

November 10th, 2010 19:00

Jesse L,

I did uninstall the the paintshop software. It kept "not responding" so I uninstalled it with the intention of reinstalling it to give it a fresh start so to speak. But when I tried reinstalling it, I started getting the script errors. The link you supplied me with is to the posts that I began in order to try and resolve my problem. I went through all the steps they told me, but I'm still getting the script errors. I was hoping that someone here might have a different solution.

No Events found!