Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2006 13:00

Runtime Error Microsoft Visual c++ ... iexplore.exe abnormal termination

I get this error on my brand new Dell (XP Media) 2/2006.  Same software on my old one and never had this issue.  I have four users on XP, sometimes it does this on my acct and if I log into other users then back to mine, it works ok sometimes.  I have installed MS Office 2003 (outlook) and not much else.  Goolge search lead me to some IE settings to check - disable script debug is checked along with the other recommendation.  Still having the issue.   

(copied following from another user from 2004 - same issue as mine) 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program: c\ program files:\internet explorer:\iexplore.exe

abnormal program termination

February 17th, 2006 14:00

Just saw the other posts on this problem.. will report back on the outcome ....

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 21st, 2006 15:00

How to Fix IE Runtime Error:

http://www.broomeman.com/support/ierntime.html

This works for some systems, not all of them.

March 7th, 2006 02:00

Have tried removing/uninstalling google and yahoo programs from IE.  Still get same issue with some users on the system.  Have to log all off to use IE or explorer otherwise still get : 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
X Runtime Error
Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Have new Dell E510 system, new MS Office 2003, etc.  installed.  Any ideas?  This is getting real old. 

5.8K Posts

March 7th, 2006 02:00

Google and Yahoo toolbars are not the only BHO offenders. Try this:

In your IE browser, click on Tools>Manage Add-ons. Click on each entry, and disable them, one by one, and reboot, til you find the culprit. (McAfee's anti-phishing app is a commonly reported conflict.) Good luck!

No Events found!