Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 17th, 2004 15:00

Photo Deluxe on XP

I can not download my Photo Deluxe on my new computer with Windows XP.  This is the message that pops up: Your Microsoft NT version 4 system currently has an older version of the Microsoft Service Pak installed.  The Internet relate features in Photo Deluxe Home Edition 3.1 require Microsoft Service Pak 3 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later to be installed on your system.  You may continue to install Photo Deluxe 3.1, but to access Internet related features. you will need to install Microsoft Service Pak 3 and the insert the Photo Deluse Home Edition 3.1 CD and select Internet Explorer installation from the sustom install menu.

I found the downlload for Microsoft Service Pak 3 but it does not show that it is compatible with Windows XP.

Anyone, please help.

DRKWRK

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 17th, 2004 15:00

When you say "download" do you mean install? Photo Deluxe 3.1 is an old version of Adobe's program and might not be compatible with XP. It sees XP as NT 4. Adobe no longer sells or supports any version of Photo Deluxe. Use the Scanner and Camera Wizard included with XP and look for another photo program that came with your computer or buy a program that works with XP. http://www.adobe.com/products/photodeluxe/main.html

720 Posts

January 17th, 2004 22:00

I ran an old PhotoDeluxe version successfully on my previous XP machine with 512MB of RAM, but the program apparently was not written to recognize the 1024MB of RAM on my 4600. It would install, but when I attempted to launch the program I would get some sort of 'insufficient memory' message and it would not launch.

I replaced it with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

No Events found!