Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2006 23:00

PPS File Extension

A friend started sending me email and I cannot open it as I did before. The only change is that he switched to Verizon DSL for his ISP and I think that MSN is the main carrier. The message comes up stating that I do not have a program associated with the message. After some checking I see that the mail has a .pps extension. Went online and only thing that I can find related is that Power Point has a viewer for these files. I have 2003 Power Point but nothing loads when I try to open. Went to Microsoft and downloads the viewer for 97 PP but still no luck. Any chance anyone can get me straight on this issue. Thanks

86 Posts

Sorry maybe I was not clear enough. It was the attachment. Seems that he has no problems with anyone else.

11.9K Posts

Randerso2 wrote:
Sorry maybe I was not clear enough. It was the attachment. Seems that he has no problems with anyone else.

Then I suggest you ask him what type of file he is sending in the attachment.

11.9K Posts

Randerso2 wrote:
A friend started sending me email and I cannot open it as I did before. The only change is that he switched to Verizon DSL for his ISP and I think that MSN is the main carrier. The message comes up stating that I do not have a program associated with the message. After some checking I see that the mail has a .pps extension. Went online and only thing that I can find related is that Power Point has a viewer for these files. I have 2003 Power Point but nothing loads when I try to open. Went to Microsoft and downloads the viewer for 97 PP but still no luck. Any chance anyone can get me straight on this issue. Thanks

If you have PowerPoint, you don't need PowerPoint Viewer.

Is it the email you can't open, or an attachment?  Have you asked your friend if others are having issues?

11.9K Posts

December 1st, 2006 00:00

Randerso2 wrote:
 The only thing that I can figure is that the attachments are ones that that he has recieved from other people.. The message that I get  is " Create an Association in the Folder Options control panel" I can't seem to find anything that closely resembles that.

I suggest you ask the sender what he's sending you.  Opening attachments that you're not expecting is dangerous.  Having someone forward attachments that they don't understand or can't explain is highly dangerous.

86 Posts

December 1st, 2006 00:00

The only thing that I can figure is that the attachments are ones that that he has recieved from other people.. The message that I get  is " Create an Association in the Folder Options control panel" I can't seem to find anything that closely resembles that.
No Events found!