Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

December 10th, 2004 15:00

Norton System Works Premier 2005 post installation problems

I recently installed Symantec Systemworks Premier 2005. I have Windows XP Home. Since the installation I have been having problems receiving faxes (through my Conexant HSF v92 56k RTAD Speakerphone PCI Modem). The system performs a fatal error shutdown with a physical memory dump (blue screen). I have to reboot my computer. I have researched the problem and believe that Systemworks changed a driver either for my fax/modem or printer (HP officejet 7110). Neither Symantec (there help was to have me turn my computer on and off three times before telling me that it was not there software) nor the HP website have been any help. I can not receive any faxes. It happened again yesterday. I am totally frustrated. Any suggestions!!!!!!

18.8K Posts

December 10th, 2004 16:00

"Any suggestions!!!!!! "

Yes, uninstall Norton System Works. The utilities included in Windows XP are sufficient to maintain a system in fine working order and the reports of problems with XP systems after System Works has been installed are numerous.

224 Posts

December 11th, 2004 00:00

Denny is right: Uninstall that cancerous garbage from Symantec you put on your system.
It is worse than useless.

5 Posts

December 22nd, 2004 11:00

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I had to send my harddrive to the local computer whiz to recover data and files from my hard drive. Then had to do a reinstall of software. Did not reinstall the cancerous (he agreed) piece of #*%$ Symantec software back on to my system. Again, thanks for the help!
No Events found!