Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2007 00:00

New Palm Desktop 6.2 works with Vista

There is now a Vista compatible version of Palm Desktop v 6.2 that works with Vista. If, like me, you've had problems Hot Syncing or have been receiving error messages like "Hot Sync Operation Interrupted" you will want to download this new version.

I downloaded it free from Palm's site and my TX syncs fine now with Vista. Also, I didn't loose any data. The new desktop software loaded, deleted the old version but kept my data. Quick Install is integral with this new version of Palm Desktop.

I would still recommend copying your user data folder in c:\Program Files \ Palm \ before doing this JUST to be sure.

24 Posts

September 2nd, 2007 00:00

HI, What version of palm desktop were you using before? I have been using version 4.1 with my Tungsten T2 with no problems in Vista. I will though check out the new version. Thanks  CK

6 Posts

September 2nd, 2007 14:00

I was running Palm Desktop 4.1 as well. I loaded it from the CD that came with my Palm TX as soon as I got my new Inspiron 531 Desktop with Vista in August. The intial Hotsync went fine, but after that my hotsyncs bombed out as soon as I attempted.

Palm Desktop 6.2 (Beta) is written specifically for Vista. It's really not that much different than v4 except the desktop icon is 3D and Quick Install is now part of Desktop instead of a seperate program.

You can always try it and go back to v4 from your CD if you don't like it.

Mark

No Events found!