Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 3rd, 2007 21:00

NEED TO BUY WINDOWS AGAIN??

I HAVE A DIMENSION 5100, MY MOTHERBOARD WENT DOWN, I INSTALLED A NEW ONE. NOW WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN A GET A MESSAGE THAT I NEED TO REGISTER MY WINDOWS. WHEN I TYPE MY ORIGINAL PRODUCT KEY A GET AN ERROR:

MESSAGE NUMBER 45128

WHAT CAN IDO???

527 Posts

You copy of Windows is OEM. Unless its a factory board of the same flavor, you will need to repurchase a new copy of Windows.

The license says that only the computer that OEM Windows was installed on , can be only used on that computer. The license is non transferrable.

21 Posts

Contact Microsoft. They will verify your information and give you a new code to enter. 

45 Posts

February 3rd, 2007 22:00

I INSTALLED MY COPY ON ANOTHER COMPUTER OF MINE THAT IS NOT DELL'S IT BROUGHT UP THE BLUE SCREEN THAT SAYS ACTIVATE OVER INTERNET OR OVER PHONE I DID IT OVER THE PHONE AND THEY GAVE ME A NEW ACTIVATION CODE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL
I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE PEOPLE THAT TRY TO SPEAK ENGLISH BECAUSE M$ USED PHONE SUPPORT OVER IN INDIA RATHER THAN GOOD OLE AMERICANS OR BRITISH I ENDED UP SPEAKING TO 3 PEOPLE BECAUSE I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND A THING COMING OUT OF THEIR MOUTH

GOOD LUCK

84 Posts

February 3rd, 2007 22:00

That same thing happened to me and after all of the tech support and phone bills, I ended up having to buy windows.

4.4K Posts

February 4th, 2007 00:00

my buddy writes in caps also.

12K Posts

February 4th, 2007 06:00

Since you are dealing wiht OEM software, your first is Dell.
No Events found!