Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

January 29th, 2006 04:00

MusicMatch Jukebox Plus

Can someone please help me?  I was able to download songs from Limewire and use the MusicMatch that came with my new computer to burn cd's.  I upgraded to MusicMatch Plus and since then I have not been able to burn any of the songs that I downloaded from that site.  Every time I try to drag the songs I downloaded into the burn window I can't.  The other problem is that my audio skips and fades in and out.  Any help would be great.  Thanks. 
Laura

2.9K Posts

January 30th, 2006 10:00

Laura27,
Have your MMJB Plus key ready. Then follow this recommendation from MusicMatch on a problem similar to yours:

Uninstall and reinstall Musicmatch Jukebox by doing the following:

- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click "Control Panel".
- Click "Add or Remove Programs".
- Select "Musicmatch Jukebox".
- Click the "Change/Remove" button.
- Select "Yes" if you are asked to verify that you want to remove any shared files.
- Reboot your PC.

Once your system has restarted, please continue with the following:

- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the Musicmatch installation directory (typically "C:\Program
Files\Musicmatch\")
- Rename this folder to "Musicmatch OLD"
- Reinstall Musicmatch Jukebox by running the setup file downloaded from the following URL:

http://dnld.musicmatch.com/builds/MMD/PC/DNL/999990000/

- Reboot your PC once again.

If the problem is resolved with this new version and you wish to restore your library and playlists, you can do the following:

- Close Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Drag the Library and Playlist folders from the "Musicmatch OLD\Musicmatch Jukebox" directory to the newly installed C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\ directory.
- Reopen Musicmatch Jukebox.

If you have purchased Musicmatch Jukebox Plus, please be sure to re-enter your key once you've reinstalled the software to enable the Plus features.
To enter your key, please do the following:

- Open Musicmatch Jukebox.
- Click the "Help" menu.
- Click the "Registration" menu option.
- Select the "Enter Key" menu option.

Enter your 20-character key in the field provided. When entering your key please ensure that you enter it in all caps, and that you include the hyphens. We suggest that you copy your key from your purchase confirmation email, and then paste it into the "Enter Key" field. This will prevent any possible typing mistakes. 

Tony

2 Posts

February 1st, 2006 17:00

Dear Tony:

Thank you for your help.  It worked like a charm.  I was wondering if you would happen to know any music sites where the downloads are free?  Thank again.

Laura

2.9K Posts

February 2nd, 2006 03:00

Laura27,

The truly free music downloads are via P2P (Peer-to-Peer) networking sites.  P2P in effect shares a folder on your hard drive with the World.  Never put any type of personal information in that folder.  Unfortunately, hackers can gain access to your entire hard drive through shared folders. 

Free download web sites are supported by advertising.  In effect, you agree to be bombarded via e-mail advertising or worse yet, pop-up advertising.   Go to any one you choose and read the Privacy Statement.  Note the "hooks" to advertising servers.  Every time you log onto the Internet, those servers are notified that you're on line and waiting for their ads.  These noxious pests can drain the life out of the most powerful personal computers.  Download a ring tone and your caller ID will light up with cell phone providers in your area.

Personally, I would recommend that you consider one of the subscription download sites.  Better yet, do as a friend of mine did.  Purchase a DVD recorder.  Connect it to your cable or satellite TV system.  Record music and/or music videos directly to DVD.  Take the DVDs to your computer.  Rip and Burn.  100% legal because you've already paid for that music subscription service.  You might even want to make your next computer a Dell with Windows XP Media Center Edition.

Tony

No Events found!