Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V1

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2021 14:00

Normal CPU temperature ?

Hello, I am owner of my Dell Vostro 15 3000 series laptop, bought it exactly 1 year ago. 
Since the last few days I've noticed that cpu temperature have been over 80°C almost all the time, sometimes it reaches max. ~91°C
Before that the temperature was normal, ranging from 50°C-100°C which seemed completely normal for me, but what is concerning me is the temperature goes up very fast even after a "cold start" in the morning.

speccytemperature.png

Other thing is I have it switched on for almost whole day for approximately 12 hours, usually to play few games and watching youtube videos. 

Not sure if that temperature ranging which seems like constant @80-90°C is normal and I started to getting worried.

If I will plan to open it to clean the dust if it has any, is there any videos or tutorials about that on the youtube or somewhere else?

Thank you!

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

February 5th, 2021 03:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Vostro.15.3000 

To better assist you, the members and I would need the exact model number of your laptop/desktop???

1. Identify your Dell:

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/category/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/locate-service-tag?dgc=SM&cid=226210&lid=spr2429124398&linkId=69606563

1. Go into your BIOS.

Power-on the system and start tapping the F2 key to enter System Setup.

1. In Windows:

Hold down the” Windows “key and tap the “R “key.

Then type msinfo32 and hit enter.

Best regards,

U2

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERVICE TAGS!!!

• 

25.5K Posts

February 5th, 2021 11:00

Greetings,

As long as the unit is not shutting down or locking up, then it's likely working within spec.

If you want to clean it, you can follow this guide regarding how to remove parts:

https://dell.to/3oUGMLw

You could also reduce heat by resource use by using MSCONFIG and clearing out any un-needed services. 

Then follow standards for cleaning internal parts. ^JKC

February 5th, 2021 11:00

It is a laptop Vostro 3590

February 6th, 2021 10:00

Done, fixed it through battery management in control panel by changing passive and active rate.

Thanks

August 31st, 2023 13:38

@Vostro.15.3000​ i have the same problem can you help me fix it

No Events found!