Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2009 00:00

avast home edition 4.8 [free edition] & windows 7

The avast home edition 4.8  suggests that it works very well under windos 95 to vista 64 bit but no mention of windows 7.

I at present using the avast home edition on my single home computer runs on VISTA 64 bit ultimate [Free Edition] .

I am to install Windows7 64bit ultimate in weeks time and I would like to know of a free & trusted antivirus for windows 7 64bit ultimate.

I would appreciate your help.

With Regards

snow

14.4K Posts

October 16th, 2009 05:00

Yes it works just fine under 7 I am running it on my system with the RC version. See HERE for some more  info

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 16th, 2009 06:00

Microsoft Offers "windows security essentials" free.

mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-xp.exe

mssefullinstall-x86fre-en-us-vista-win7.exe

mssefullinstall-amd64fre-en-us-vista-win7.exe

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/+microsoft+security+essentials+download&hl=en&gl=us&strip=0

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Key Features

• Comprehensive malware protection
  • Simple, free download*
  • Automatic updates
  • Easy to use

About Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Microsoft Security Essentials is a free* download from Microsoft that is simple to install, easy to use, and always kept up to date so you can be assured your PC is protected by the latest technology. It’s easy to tell if your PC is secure — when you’re green, you’re good. It’s that simple.

Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times.

Learn more at the Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Find information, definitions, and analyses of all the latest threats that Microsoft Security Essentials can help protect you against in the MicrosoftMalware Protection Center

20.5K Posts

October 16th, 2009 09:00

There are additional comments in a discussion of MSE is here: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19296463.aspx

1.1K Posts

October 16th, 2009 11:00

It appears that the Microsoft's security Essentials could not be saved to a CD like others or am I wrong in my assumption?

When doing a fresh clean install of an OS, I would like to have the AntiVirus installed from a CD prior to I connect my computer to the internet to activate my validity of the OS.

Would it not give a window of an opportunity for the computer get infected while trying to connect to the internet to get the Microsoft security essential or there is no fundation for such infection[if one avoid visiting any other site but only the MS security essential site?]

All three answers above has solved my question-Thank you.

No Events found!